Thread: My first Stupid question

Tuner

My first Stupid question

I'm going to buy an HP but...can I still hook up my own HP tuner to my Camaro which has already been dyno tuned (with an HP) and check it out, look at settings, or even clear codes? And I would also like to tune my wifes car but don't see it listed '15 Malibu LTZ 2.0 turbo? Would it be worth the purchase?

Thank you

Yes, you can view everything on your car so long as it was never tuner locked by the previous tuner. You can use the scanner to view data and clear codes no problem.

If it's not tuner locked you can even license the file and begin tuning it yourself as well.

As for the malibu, I don't see it on the supported vehicles list yet but that doesn't mean it's not something they working on. You'd have to contact support about that. Otherwise you can still use the scanner for that vehicle.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Yes, you can view everything on your car so long as it was never tuner locked by the previous tuner. You can use the scanner to view data and clear codes no problem.

If it's not tuner locked you can even license the file and begin tuning it yourself as well.

As for the malibu, I don't see it on the supported vehicles list yet but that doesn't mean it's not something they working on. You'd have to contact support about that. Otherwise you can still use the scanner for that vehicle.
    Thank you!!

Tuner
    It's probably not a good idea to mess with the dyno tune that's already in my car is it? Isn't the dyno tune the best way to go? Or would it be better to tune my car to my driving??

Advanced Tuner
    That would depend on how competent your tuner was. A good tuner with a dyno is going to do a much better job than the average person without a dyno. Now just because someone is "a professional" and has a dyno doesn't make them competent, We've all heard the horror stories.

Of course you can save the tune that is currently there and play around to see if you can make any improvements, and if you don't like the results you can always reload the tune that you started with.

Tuner
    That's true!!! Can I data log and have experts on here tell me how good this tune is before I make changes.? I saw the AFR on the dyno when he did it and that looked straight as a ruler. I'm new to this computer tuning but I thought that looked pretty good!! I'm not doubting his tune but wouldn't mind knowing if there is more on the table??
    Last edited by XxScottxXN; 02-28-2017 at 04:57 AM.