Thread: please help with tune

Tuner in Training

please help with tune

Hi everyone. I have a 04.5 3500 with auto. I was running a smarty on level 4 for several years with absolutely no trouble, towed my gooseneck great with absolutely no problem. Well i got hp tuners for ls swaps that i do and decided i would have firepunk write me some tunes for my truck. so i created a new file for my truck and went thru the process. Loaded my firepunk tune and the truck runs great without the trailer, hook the trailer to it and start pulling a long grade and it goes into limp mode and drops back to 55mph before it will kick back in. I believe its limiting the rail pressure. I read something about the updated calibration doing this. question is, whats the way around it or is there a way to go back to the old calibration. any help would be greatly appreiciated.
    ASE Advanced Level Master certified Tech with 20+ yrs

Advanced Tuner
    You should contact Firepunk. I'm sure they can take care of whatever issue is causing your problem.

It would be difficult for anyone to help with the tune on here with Firepunk and most tuners locking down their tune files. Lavon should be able to make an edit for you pretty quickly on your map if you email / call him. If you still have your smarty, you could reload the SW softwares, but I think you will be happier with the Firepunk tune once it gets dialed in.
    2003 Cummins SRW LWB QC 4x4 NV5600 305/555

Tuner in Training
    thanks everyone. i was under the impression the issue was due to the newer calibration that is created when hp tuners generates the file. i will email them and see wht happens. Thanks again
    ASE Advanced Level Master certified Tech with 20+ yrs