Thread: how to re-orient existing 360Fly Video

Potential Tuner

how to re-orient existing 360Fly Video

In my first use of my 360Fly 4K camera I mounted it upright and with the power switch to the front.

Having already shot some video, I then discovered that 360Fly says to mount it with the switch to the right for desktop "Director" use and in contradiction to that RaceRender wants the camera mounted with the power switch to the rear. That something is wrong is confirmed by noticing that once rendered in RaceRender the g-force bars in the video are incorrect, showing braking force when cornering, etc.

Given the video was made with the camera oriented incorrectly in the horizontal plane for RaceRender, and that I use the desktop "Director" application, my question is: how do I correct this? I assume I need to change some fields in the RaceRender Data Settings but don't know which I should change and to what values.

Thanks,

Alan Watkins

If the accelerometer X and Y axis' appear swapped, you could try double-clicking on the data file in RaceRender's Input Files list, and then changing the selections for G-Force X and G-Force Y to swap them. That is usually the easiest way to do it. In this particular case, you might first try setting G-Force X to Accel X, and Y to Y, to verify that the issue still exists when you've made manual selections, and then swap them if needed.

Also, if you find that you want to reorient the center or front-facing view of the 360fly video image, you could double-click on the video file in the Input Files list, and the adjust the "Pan Adjust" slider until your desired front-facing view is in the center of the flattened image.