Thread: So I'm beating a dead horse because I can't wrap my head around injection timing.

So I'm beating a dead horse because I can't wrap my head around injection timing.

I need help. Plain and simple. I just can not understand it and would like someone to spoon feed me and I'm sorry. I have included specs for my cam card as well as my tune. Truck has 127lb injectors and I feel like this could help me because i'm only spraying for such a short time.Screenshot (4).png5-26-19.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    220/224 112lsa?

Whats your idle plusewidth
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

Yes sir, with 4 degrees advance is what the manufacturer told me. Idle pulsewidth is 1.8-1.9. Can I ask why that matters? I'm trying to understand all of this is why I ask.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by resolute_welding View Post
    Yes sir, with 4 degrees advance is what the manufacturer told me. Idle pulsewidth is 1.8-1.9. Can I ask why that matters? I'm trying to understand all of this is why I ask.
    Pulswidth will change when it will start and stop injection.

Alright, so what do I need to do from here? I've found an excel spreadsheet but I honestly don't know what I'm doing.

Senior Tuner
    That's an odd combo that you're running. I assume that you're going to add a turbo or supercharger in the future. You're running quite a bit of ignition timing for an LS engine. 29 degrees is more than most need.
    Why are you wanting to alter the EOIT?

Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    That's an odd combo that you're running. I assume that you're going to add a turbo or supercharger in the future. You're running quite a bit of ignition timing for an LS engine. 29 degrees is more than most need.
    Why are you wanting to alter the EOIT?
    So the motor is a 4.8 in an 03 silverado and I've just been learning hptuners while it is NA to get a feel for the program. I have a huronspeed turbo kit ordered with a 7875 for right now. Maybe stepping up to an s480 later. Shooting for 600 on this motor and 900 on the next one. Seems like the 4.8s like timing, I can feel a difference from 27 to 29 and just left it there. From my reading and watching videos theres some power left on the table to be had by playing with the EOIT. Especially when you think about how short my spray time is. Plus my exhaust smells really gassy and I've had my fair share of catless vehicles.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by resolute_welding View Post
    So the motor is a 4.8 in an 03 silverado and I've just been learning hptuners while it is NA to get a feel for the program. I have a huronspeed turbo kit ordered with a 7875 for right now. Maybe stepping up to an s480 later. Shooting for 600 on this motor and 900 on the next one. Seems like the 4.8s like timing, I can feel a difference from 27 to 29 and just left it there. From my reading and watching videos theres some power left on the table to be had by playing with the EOIT. Especially when you think about how short my spray time is. Plus my exhaust smells really gassy and I've had my fair share of catless vehicles.
    Its odd that it would smell really gassy. Your exhaust valve is already closed before the intake valve even opens.
    The only issue i could think of is when you spray its just sitting on valve evaporating before the valve even opens.
    Im no expert on this subject but generally cams with lots of overlap (gen 3 reference periods) you want to increase the normal table usually starting with the values that say 5.55. Try moving that table a little at a time to see if the smell goes away and watch your wideband.
    Your cam isnt crazy so you probably dont need to mess with boundary