Thread: Injection Timing Calculator??

Tuner in Training

Injection Timing Calculator??

Am I missing something or has every post with a timing calculator been stripped out? I want to build a mild 5/5 tow tune for my motorhome project and need to find a calculator or learn how to alter my timing tables on my own.
    I've also noticed just about every post that had tunes attached are now stripped out...what's with that?
    Len
    72 Jeep Commando (10" stretch)
    06TBSS-LS2(24X) converted for 0411PCM, Z06 Cam/4L65e/NV241OR
    76 FMC 2900r Motorhome
    07Duramax LBZ Allison 1000RDS

The site where the person was hosting their pics probably is no longer supported. Here are a few threads you can check out. Not sure if they will be any help because they are done with older versions of HPT.
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ets-LMM-tuning
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...864#post447864

Senior Tuner
    Interesting, someone from hpt has gone through and removed all the spreadsheets. I know they were eradicating all files that were older than 3.x.x, wonder why they removed the spreadsheet?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    Interesting, someone from hpt has gone through and removed all the spreadsheets. I know they were eradicating all files that were older than 3.x.x, wonder why they removed the spreadsheet?
    I noticed that as well, all the files ive been digging through seem to not work for me. I went to use the timing calculator posted above but the values for my lmm tables seem to all be off a little. Has anyone used a calculator that matches up properly to the lmm stock tables recently? This is my first tune and have been following the ramjet instructions.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LMM_NICK View Post
    I noticed that as well, all the files ive been digging through seem to not work for me. I went to use the timing calculator posted above but the values for my lmm tables seem to all be off a little. Has anyone used a calculator that matches up properly to the lmm stock tables recently? This is my first tune and have been following the ramjet instructions.
    did you switch to the lmm tab at the bottom?

Potential Tuner
    yup i'm on the correct table, tried the tune last night with stock timing tables and seemed to work alright. Is that dangerous or should i load my stock file back to it till i get this sorted out. Id like to run 55/45 on mm3 values between 20-40; 50/50 on 40-60; and 40-60 on 60+ (ajamesbond007) recommended to another user.

Is it as easy as using the calculator for each of those btdc % and pasting the desired mm3 sections in the main table and smooth once?

Potential Tuner
    I went ahead and changed all the axis of the supplied timing table to match my lmm file. Not sure if the math was adjusted for my entered values but the results looked promising and what i expected. Timing was bumped 6-10 degrees in most cruising cells and a little more on the top end. The factory values look terrible when viewing the 3d graph. Values were jumping all over the place and once i changed over to my corrected values they look much nicer. The truck was averaging 19.3 mpg on my 45 minute daily commute on the ramjet tune compared to the 18.5 mpg i had with my stock file. Hopefully I can pick up a few more mpg with the new 45-55 timing adjust.