Thread: STFT issue

Tuner in Training

STFT issue

Quick background- 2011 Caprice tune was done with procharger but there is currently no head unit. The car sat all winter and I just had it out for the first time last weekend. I have not changed anything in the tune but I replaced the head unit with an air filter until I get a new one. I was doing some logging to be sure everything seemed ok. I noticed my fuel trims are significantly different from bank 1-2. i went back and checked some logs from last year and this also seemed to be the case. Full disclosure i don't know what im doing. I have a very strong automotive background but always had someone tune the car for me until last season. Should i be concerned with the fuel trims? Where should I look for problems? i was thinking i could have an injector issue, but they were brand new ID1300s last year when apparently this issue was happening. Also, should I have LTFT on? on the advise of another tuner i turned them off, but i'm not sure why.
    Attached Files Attached Files

They don't seem that horrible to me, they both seems to hit around the same numbers but just at different times. One bank isn't just 10-15% different than the other at all times. Most tuners turn off LTFT when they don't want to deal with it or the setup is something crazy that would just end up being a problem for them. Based on the avg STFT readings I saw, if the LTFT was enable it would likely be slightly negative and pulling some fuel most of the time like it's trying to do now.

Without seeing the tune it's hard to know how off the tune is. My guess is that is was MAF tuned only like always and ideally it should have both the VVE and MAF tuned to get the best of it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you. I am going to pull the injectors this weekend to have them cleaned/flowed for peace of mind. It is an ethanol car that sat all winter... I know. Ill throw the tune up, i know it's messed up in a lot of places. The only thing ive really dealt with is the WOT stuff i know the flex fuel spark tables are wrong - 0ed out. It was only MAF tuned, although wasn't there something about not being able to do the VVE tuning until recently? i have really looked into that as of yet. Basically i wasn't happy with the car last time it was tuned and im more of a DIY guy, especially when it comes to my cars. Hopefully i can learn a bit and get everything lined out. Not the best setup to start on i guess (heads,cam,blower,e90) but it is what it is... Any help is always appreciated.
    I might get it out today, id like to try to tune off the fuel trims and re dial in the MAF sans blower just to get in the game a bit.
    Attached Files Attached Files