Thread: 2011 GMC Sierra Timing Issues. Could use advice, Thank You

Tuner in Training

2011 GMC Sierra Timing Issues. Could use advice, Thank You

Hello so i am not super new at tuning but this truck will not act right.
    i have adjusted timing low and high adj base spark knock retard etc,,,,
    still no fix.

The issue i am having is when i accelerate the truck try stumble like its going into knock retard. Watching the LOG i see it is in fact doing so. Its dropping my timing to 5* .. I am just unsure why!!
    This happens around part throttle and 1500-2500rpm doesn't seem to happen around higher rpms or under harder throttles.

Help will be greatly appreciated
    THANK YOU!
    attached the log and last tune writtenNicks 2011 Silverado.hplNicks 2011 GMC Sierra (LAST WRITTIN).hpt.

I can see that timing is dropping for that .7 seconds but you aren't logging the actual knock retard channel or the burst knock channel to see what it really is.

My guess is burst knock. You can either reduce the table by 75% or just remove it all. I never see it has a bad thing to still have some of it there if it's not an all out race truck.

I wouldn't flat line the timing like that either, take your time and make it flow better as you build cylinder airmass and rpm. You can also get away with a leaner AFR if you wanted too, going into the 11's on a NA truck is pretty rich. I stay around 12.2 or so on 89 octane gas.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I will definently try this and relog with knock and burst channels. i will adj AFR in my PE.
    i will keep updating after the burst knock retard thank you!