Thread: Fast Downshift tables

Fast Downshift tables

Just was curious if anyone had any info on what this table does on the 6r80s. I'm assuming this is the kickdown point when accelerating?

Tuner in Training
    You are correct. When I modify the normal downshift maps I make the fast downshift maps match them. Otherwise you can get a weird double downshift.

What are the fast downshift tables? where to find them?
    I often got the issue withe the double downshift.

Tuner in Training
    I think this is more of a Copperhead parameter. Don't see it on 2015+ strategies. Has it on F150 Eco and 11-14 Auto Mustangs.

fast shift.png

Ah okay.
    Any idea, how to adjust it on a 2015+ 6R80?

Ok, so if it's the kick down point, does setting the array to zero eliminate it from kicking down during WOT all together? I guess i'll have to test that

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrooks98 View Post
    Ok, so if it's the kick down point, does setting the array to zero eliminate it from kicking down during WOT all together? I guess i'll have to test that
    I never tested the switch yet, but in theory, yes. I wasn't sure if disabling would negatively affect the downshift process. Keep us posted on it.

I think there are missing this tables in 2015. I went into the problem with 2015, not all have it.
    If you drive 50-60km/h and car gets into 4- 5-6 gear if you kick down it downshifts to 3rd, then accelerates 2-3 seconds in 3rd and then downshifts to 2nd.
    Can't tune it no not make it so. First i thought this tranny can't do that physically, but if you drive in 6th D and push right paddle to get into manual mode, once 6th is displayed on dash it makes fast downshift from 6th, 5t, 4th to 2nd no problem. Once letter goes out from display, it goes back to issue. Same in D or S mode.
    Attached log file, first is downshift when right paddle was pushed, second is in full auto mode.

03. downshift first ok, seconda bad.hpl
    Last edited by caniggia; 11-25-2017 at 10:36 AM.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

Senior Tuner
    Stock, your upshift and downshift pedal maps are different so you are in different areas of the tables for downshifts than upshifts. Make sure you are aware of that.

In your second pull the full auto you get a trans shift mod as a torque source. This causes your pedal position to change slower than the shift when you touch the paddle first. That gives you the delay and the double shift. Raise your 4>2 downshift torque and 4>3 downshift. It happens twice on both shift types. Also happens on the 3>2 downshift that happens 2 seconds after the original downshift.
    It happens on the first pull as well, but it only effects spark not your throttle. May want to raise the 4>2 sequential values as well.
    Last edited by murfie; 11-27-2017 at 05:17 AM.

Thanks murfie for info. I'm going to recheck this as i was thinking it's coming from pedal position. I changed values you mentioned above and they were always working as i wan't, i realised now i have different downshift pedal calibrations between car that is doing it correct and this that does not and maybe that's the case.
    I'll let you know what i find.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

Ok, I analysed logs again, looks its noise restriction related similar to 3rd gear throttle limit in manual transmission EU cars that Eric fixed last time. It's because car can downshift to 2nd after it reaches 60km/h and all the time it's related to this speed.