Thread: c7 z06 delay before engine decel??

Tuner in Training

c7 z06 delay before engine decel??

So were working with a c7 z06. A8 Transmission. One thing we noticed is lets say you accel hard and release the pedal..there is a delay from when letting off the pedal and the engine starting to decel. kinda freaks ya out because the car proceeds to accelerate forward. This would be bad in heavy traffic. Is there something in the calibration that can be adjusted so it will always imediatly follow the pedal and imediatly decel? Any thoughts!

its a throttle follower function but we don't have a lot of control over it, you might try using the negative values in driver demand, I just haven't had time to dig into stuff like that.

Tuner in Training
    Driver demand was my first go to...didnt seem to affect it much.
    Last edited by i tried; 02-14-2017 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by i tried View Post
    Driver demand was my first go to...didnt seem to affect it much.
    Were you able to solve this? I am seeing the same thing with a C7Z. 1000whp F1X. I was thinking the BOV might not be venting enough on decel.

Quote Originally Posted by icicleboy View Post
    Were you able to solve this? I am seeing the same thing with a C7Z. 1000whp F1X. I was thinking the BOV might not be venting enough on decel.
    Which BOV are you using?

Red Race valve. Problem was worse before we slowed down the blower a bit. Thinking it will need the new PRO race valve. when inspecting the usual race valve, at full vacuum the travel of the valve is very little. Looks like maybe 3/8" or less.

Add a second bypass/BOV

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

That's exactly what I was thinking. There really isn't room for a second one on the inlet side of the intercooler, and to do it on the outlet would mean the maf frequency stability would suffer IMO. So either the new Pro race valve, or some other unit. OR, run the car in SD only, and not worry about the maf. Have many people run a car E92 in SD only? Responses greatly appreciated.

Mount it to the intercooler

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner
    Any updates to this yet? I have 2 customers with Z06s that have told me about the same problem, but I don't have their cars here now to test with.

Both of them complained about this while the car was still stock.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by realspeeddan View Post
    Any updates to this yet? I have 2 customers with Z06s that have told me about the same problem, but I don't have their cars here now to test with.

Both of them complained about this while the car was still stock.
    I'm having the same problem