Thread: NO low end power

Potential Tuner

NO low end power

I have a 2000 chevy truck 5.3l texas speed 220/220 600/600 lift cam,241 heads, shorty headers and 38# injectors. After the cam swap I lost a lot of low end power. I figured I would lose a little down low but not this musch wont even powerbrake now. Can someone take a look at my tune file and log to see if I'm missing something thanks in advance.kylestruck tune.hptkyle.hpl

MAF and VE need more help. MAF curve could be smoother and has a massive drop off past 9,500hz though you may not see that much airflow at 6,000rpm shifts. It should be smooth all the way through.

VE is rather choppy still too. Both the secondary and primary VE could use more work. Tuning with a wideband would be very helpful.

Something seems off with the injectors data or the injectors themselves, no way should you be already maxxing out 38lb/hr injectors on just a cam/heads motor. You are seeing upwards of 98% duty cycle.

Tune shows constant knock throughout that first WOT pull, that is killing power for sure.

3.42 gears and not having a stall converter are hurting you too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.