Thread: Tuning running rich

Tuner in Training

Tuning running rich

Haveing some rich 5.3 running issues...first off was stock motor, pump etc ran rich then and now still rich after new fuel pump shaved truck intake msd wires, btr stage 3 218/224 113 +3 cam, btr dual cm .660 springs, 7.40 cm btr pushrods, ecm was a stock base tune from coolmike on frebay.. has 02s delete etc.. not home roght now so cant post a log but have been getting it better and just hooked up aem wb first readings was mid 12s after messing with afm etc etc got it running better more power better rev etc and im now in mid 13s but still running rich any info or anyone that has a similar tune file for my kinda setup i could copy n play around with

Tuner in Training

my tune

this is where I'm at now on my 5.3 will work on getting my wideband sorted out to log with
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    log?
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training

log

heres my log with that tune this was mixture of park and drive run while holding brakes cold here and truck is still in bodywork stages so cant drive down rd yet wideband was reading avg mid 13s
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    shoot that's not the right log I must have not saved the one I wanted to

Are you running o2 sensors on this setup?

When you get a log file, you need to log more things. Make sure to include injectors, fuel trims both short and long term, knock retard, commanded air ful ratio.

Tuning the both your VE tables and the MAF curve is likely the best place to start here, get light throttle and medium throttle under wraps first and then work on WOT fueling.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    No 02s how do i get injectors and everything else to log also?? Sry im new to this

You should at least run front o2 sensors, they will make tuning and closed loop functions really nice for cruising around and getting some decent MPG's.

If you never going to run o2 sensors you must let the computer know that. You need to disable all o2 sensor codes for front and rear bank. Disable cat over temp (COT) in the tune. Disable all closed loop functions and all STFT and LTFT functions. This way it will run in open loop only.

Just add the channels to the main channels list to get injectors, commanded air fuel, knock retard etc etc . Right click to add them.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    ya I wish I knew then what I kno now lol I plan to add 02 wiring in future

Tuner in Training

heres a log think wb shows up now

log 3 with wb.hpl mixture of park then in gear while holding brake....think I got wideband reading now just need to figure out how to add a gauge to log screen but it show wb readings on side and matches what my gauge in truck reads

Tuner in Training
    tuned for no 02s, also not sure about cot but the closed loops stft and ltft are disabled

Tuner in Training
    Cot was also disabled already