Thread: Grand prix gtp tuning. Maf hz

Tuner in Training

Grand prix gtp tuning. Maf hz

Can anyone tell me how to get the maf fq hz to work. It used to work on the older versions when i plotted it againts my ltft's but now i set it up and it does not read. Anyone got some advice?

A log file and layout of what you're using would be helpful.

Gives a better idea of how you have it setup.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Im currently on mobile and dont have access to my computer but there is a gear icon you can click that shows what parameters are supported and the maf freq dosent show up. Heres a write up i used to set up my graph http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...er-V3&p=419231

It's all there for me, not sure what the issue on your end is.

I can create that same exact write up on my computer. For coloum axis it's Engine > airflow > mass airflow > mass air flow frequency. It's the third one down.

Make sure you log the MAF in the channels list, otherwise nothing will show up in the graphs while logging.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Yea but thats the problem when i am in the "parameter selector" and hit the gear icon with the green check mark to show. "Only Parameters backed by channels" It only list's "Mass Airflow [Mass flow Rate]. The only way i can get it to show freqeucy is if i click the gear i cond but then the table dosent log.

Don't click the gear icon and try again.

I just made it work again on my end.

I am logging both Mass Airflow SAE and Mass Airflow Sensor in my channels list. One reads lb/min the other read maf hz. I'm still not sure why you can't get it to work, something has to off on how you are logging the data or what channels you are using.

Tuner in Training
    aiden pull.hpl Here is the Log file. I'm trying to dial in the fuel trims cause there way out and was going to use the method I was talking about above but if you guys have better methods let me know. Also the car is a 98 regal gs with a 99 maf and throttle body, I think That's why the trims are so far out also. If you could help me dial it in that would be great. The car has Tog headers, 3 inch downpipe, 180* tstat, 3.4 pulley and only runs 94 octane. I have a 3.6 pulley I can put on it to maybe put some more timing into it but i don't know. I can get a long drive at different speeds and different types of driving but this was just a short log of one pull.

Tuner in Training
    aidens 3.4 98 regal gs file.hpt Here is the tune file for the car. The headers have a bit of an exhaust leak at the cross over i need to fix. oh and the car has a wideband in it and it reads 11.5 at wot

Just from that log file and not having your layout, you aren't logging the Mass Airflow Sensor channel to give you MAF HZ for logging the fuel trims. Add that and it will populate the table just fine. Also don't click the gear icon like I said and it works just fine.

Fuel trims still need some minor work in the tune but you know you have an exhaust leak don't even bother tuning it. That leak is before the o2 sensor and before the wideband, so that infomation is likely to be wrong.

I don't have a stock 98 regal file and a stock 99 regal file to look at but if the MAF and VE tables are different, you should copy those into your tune as a starting point because you are using the newer throttle body/MAF with your car. Then tune from there. Timing is kind of low, I ran 13-14 degrees no problems on 9-10psi of boost. I ran far more timing outside of boost too. All the low load cruising area's I had probably 5-6 degrees more timing to help with fuel mileage and part throttle performance.

Advanced Tuner
    96-98 L67 tb has the post in the middle with the short maf , the 99-04 has no post and a much larger maf , the data will be very different. 5FDP is on theright track saying to swap to the tables to match the TB/maf sensor. VE supposedly only gets referenced when the maf fails on an l67 so start with the maf tables for a 99+

if you have an exhaust leak letting in unmetered air upstream from the sensor it is skewing what your o2's see whether wide or narrow band and will affect your fuel trims both short term and long term.
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)