Thread: Supercharged C5 will not add fuel up top

Tuner in Training

Exclamation Supercharged C5 will not add fuel up top

I have a customer with a c5 vette that is a fully forged 6.0, holley high ram, bosch 160 injectors, twin walbro 450's, e85, f1 procharger making 22lbs. Ive literllay maxed out the ve table for 16lbs and up 4800 rpm and the car just goes lean (11.6-11.7) afr. Ive went over the pe table and ve table a million times and nothing works. It seems to do better after it cools down for a little bit, but not what I want it to be at afr wise. Ill post the log and tune, note the ve is a little screwed up in an effort to try and get it to the afr I want, and the wideband isn't logging due to customers data wires being messed up.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have read that those bosch cng 160's don't take too well to heat, they start causing problems and once they cool down again they run fine.

You are running E85, 11.6 AFR is not really lean at all if you want to get technical. You have way more wiggle run than you do with pump gas.

That log file isn't that good either, no 2-3 bar MAP channel to watch boost, the wideband channel doesn't work. May want to post the config file you are using. I'd also switch to lambda instead of AFR, makes things way easier when tuning E85 and wild setup like this. I find AFR being okay for joe blow with a okay tuning knowledge and vehicle setup.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 02-03-2017 at 12:30 AM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ive read the same about the injectors. I recommended them to the customer because he had a set of low impedance 160's without a driver box and I was having a tune of issues with them, and on top of that he wasn't wanting to spend money on "good" injectors.

11.6 is just where I kind of let out because its at a steady climb and I don't want to hurt the motor.

I'm still using 2.x version of hptuners on these older cars, mainly because I haven't had time to set up logs in the 3.0 stuff and don't feel comfortable tuning customers cars with it.

I'm just not sure that if the "injector issue" will do this and not show an issue in the idc log?

Log fuel pressure. Guarantee you have a fuel pump/line issue.

Didn't look at log file but assuming if you have VE maxed out you're maxing the IDC out as well. If it's not getting fuel on that setup it's losing pressure. Process of elimination.
    Last edited by LSxpwrdZ; 02-03-2017 at 11:16 PM.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Have you checked fuel pressure?

Tuner in Training
    Fuel pressure is steady 70 psi when the second pump kicks in. IDC is 68% max. WE have narrowed it down to imjectors getting hot, and it having hot fuel.