Thread: tuning 2006 5.3l for performance...

Tuner in Training

tuning 2006 5.3l for performance...

glendon.williams.2006.silv.6z139626-1.hptglendon.williams.2006.silv.6z139626-1.hpt

I am certainly not an expert at hp but have done several tunes. On these trucks, I normally go into the power enrichment table and lean it out a little bit and it helps a lot. doesn't seem to help much on this one, but it also seems to already be a little more lean on that particular table than what I normally see. What else can I do to get more performance on this ?
    I see a lot of people talking about adjusting the volumetric efficiency but I have not done that before. and also im not sure exactly which VE table to adjust or how to adjust it.
    info on that or general info on how to get more HP out of this otherwise is appreciated
    thank you

Is everything stock?

What fuel are you running?

I'd lower the RPM delay in PE to 2,000 rpm, time delay to 0 seconds, up the enrichment ramp in rate to 2.0. You should be okay commanding a 12.0 to 12.2 AFR without a wideband. Currently this tune is still rich down to around 11.3-11.7.

If you are running 89 or 91+ octane you may be able to add more timing at WOT but you'd be the one to know with watching logs.

Past that there are little things you could do here and there but without mods you aren't going to be adding anymore horsepower.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Also, change your gear ratio.

Those 3.23 just plain old suck if you want to make this truck move out of it's own way. It needs 3.73's or 4.10's if you really want to enjoy it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I have a 5.3 with tsp stage 1 cam..cold air intake end headers ..i am new in wuse hp tuners..can help me to do this??? thank you

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cj51960 View Post
    I have a 5.3 with tsp stage 1 cam..cold air intake end headers ..i am new in wuse hp tuners..can help me to do this??? thank you
    replying to a 6 year old thread will not get you any help..
    start your own thread and we can give you advise there