Thread: X-Link harness and REP mode

Advanced Tuner

X-Link harness and REP mode

Had an issue with my 2003 Suburban throwing some Throttle body codes and going into reduced engine power mode. It's a 3/4 ton with an LQ4, mild cam, LSA blower, 90mm LS2 throttle body, and X-link harness. The codes it threw are P0220, P1516, and P2135. Could i set these codes to MIL on Second Error or No MIL light? Would that help at all or is there something else that needs to be changed?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

That sounds like my Gen 3 to gen 4 swap.I finally swapped mine back to a Gen 3 set up and the codes would not reset.The problem may be one or more of the following.
    1-The T/B plate is sticking or going past 100% opening. Verify this with the key on/ engine off and using the scanner, manually move the plate to check for rough spots/sticking,WOT reading.Also do the same test with the throttle pedal.
    2-There may be a mismatch between the APP reading and the TPS reading in %. Verify with the scanner.
    3- Check the wiring from the Torque link and the T/B harness for broken wires,these can occur 4-5 inches from the connector.
    4-The TPS may be bad. Verify with scanner.
    5- I spoke with Torque link about the correct T/B to use.They recommended the Gold plate.
    Installing the Gold plate T/B fixed my code/REP issues for over 6 months and 4500 miles.
    I have various posts on this site concerning the issue.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...W102-and-xlink
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-Body-question

Here is the emails from Torque link

ACDelco Throttle Body Assembly 12605109
    To: "William Terchanyn" <[email protected]>
    Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2016 5:33:57 PM
    Subject: Re: Question from Torque Rush website

Any 6 pin GM 87 or 90mm should work.

P0120 and p1516 should not set at the same time as both TPS signals must be good in order for P1516 (throttle blade not reaching desired position)to set. All 3 codes could be related to a weak engine harness ground or issues with the TB. P1516 could set if the blade binds in the throttle bore. Otherwise there would need to before than 1 issue with the wiring. None of the wires involved are connected to the X-Link circuit board.

On Aug 11, 2016, at 4:00 PM, William Terchanyn <[email protected]> wrote:

I was using the t/b from a LY6. I had replaced the tps in it with no change.It now has the t/b from the original L33. I don`t have another gen 4 t/b. What gen 4 t/b would work? Thanks.

To: [email protected]
    Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2016 4:53:30 PM
    Subject: Re: Question from Torque Rush website

Those codes aren't related to the X-Link electronics.What kind of throttle body were you using? Have you tried another one?

Grant at TRP

> On Aug 11, 2016, at 3:10 PM, [email protected] wrote:
    >
    > Email: [email protected]
    >
    > Phone: 8142552748
    >
    > Name: William Terchanyn
    >
    > Question: Hi,bought a adapter for my gen 4 motor to gen 3 truck. It has always sent codes p0120,p1516.p2135. It does this randomly (until yesterday).I have replaced the t/b pigtail,added grounds,checked the app,wiring,replaced the tps. Nothing fixed it. I replaced the t/b with the original using an adapter. It fixed the issues. When it set the codes 3 times yesterday I checked the failure records. The tps desired angle was 16%,actual was 30%.The other record was tps desired angle was 22%, actual was 7%.I checked it before I changed the t/b and found the tps 1 and 2 sensors were not close there was a difference of 5-8% between them.The voltage was also different by .1 0r .2. After I changed the t/b all readings were either the same or only off by 1% or a couple of hundredths of a volt. Any ideas?
    >

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the reply. I'll start digging into it. It does have the gold blade LS3 throttle body.

Advanced Tuner
    Would it be fine to just turn off the codes if all checks out well? Or would that not be enough to keep it from going into REP mode?

No. DON`T TURN OFF ANY CODES FOR THE ETC!! It won`t stop the REP and you won`t know if there is a problem. I think you have a problem with the actual and desired throttle position not matching.