Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I run 3 bar sd on my l33 with dbc and flex fuel(what pcm should i look for)?

Potential Tuner

How do I run 3 bar sd on my l33 with dbc and flex fuel(what pcm should i look for)?

I have a 2000 BMW e46 that I'm swapping a L33/4l80e into. It will be turbo'd and I would like to run a drive by cable setup because the car is already setup and for cruise control via BMW module. I would like it to be flex fuel because it will get driven a lot and I may not always have access to e85.

Can I get any 0411 pcm and load a flex fuel OS into it?
    Should I just use the pcm that the L33 will come with and go DBW?

I'm new and I've tried looking everywhere but good info is hard to come by these days.

I have mpvi pro.

Thanks in advance!

Potential Tuner
    No one?

I'm don't really think any of the early DBC computers used flex fuel. Maybe look into a express/savanna van tune file and see if any of those do. I thought some of those vans run cable TB's up to around 2004-2005ish but someone else may know more.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I'm don't really think any of the early DBC computers used flex fuel. Maybe look into a express/savanna van tune file and see if any of those do. I thought some of those vans run cable TB's up to around 2004-2005ish but someone else may know more.
    This seems to be what I've been running into with my search. I'll look into some of the earlier vans to see what I can find.

I use a 02 Tahoe DBC (2 bar only) but I control fuel just fine past 15-16psi

That OS is flex fuel capable...I just run E85 full time though

Advanced Tuner
    http://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagno...rite-up-3.html

Good info here if you haven't already seen it.

Potential Tuner
    So, do I need to find a specific 02 Tahoe Flex Fuel PCM or can I load that OS into a 0411 PCM?

Correct but the OS will prob only allow 2bar. The 04 P59 controller can use a 3bar os and flex fuel operation.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hellbents10 View Post
    Correct but the OS will prob only allow 2bar. The 04 P59 controller can use a 3bar os and flex fuel operation.

Ok. I got it meow. Thanks for the help! I'll go with the p59 drive by wire setup that will come with this L33 and try to figure out how to integrate cruise control with this BMW chassis.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hellbents10 View Post
    TJ, will an 04 P59 that's in my sierra support flex fuel and my 80E segment?

04 Sierra Denali,370,S485B, Built 4L80E, 3barOLSD, E85

Post the tune, should be easy enough to see if flex fuel is there. Then finding a matching 4L80e tune file shouldn't be too hard.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    My tune has the flex fuel tables and at this time is set to Disabled naturally but I was told that even thou some have the tables they don't work???? Doesn't really make sense but IDK. Let me see if I can find a tune, not on my tuning laptop at the moment.

Advanced Tuner

It's my understanding that you should be able to wire in a sensor (blue 56 pin IIRC) and change the frequency to match that of the sensor you installed. The computer has the Open loop Eq for both gas and ethanol as well as the blend factor table for ethanol. Making it add/remove timing and fuel based on alcohol content is something I'd have to do more reading on for the those older computers. The newer E38's or similar pretty much have all those extra tables you can touch.

As far as the segment swap goes for the 4L80e. I found a 2004 Silverado 2500 in the tune repository with the same OS (12587603) as your factory OS "before" the 2 bar OS upgrade. So you can still do the segment swap no problem. It would be something where you may have to revert back to the stock OS and then do the segment swap or it may just allow the transmission segment to be swapped over no problem.

Advanced Tuner
    I am already running the 80E segment, just trying to determine what I have to do that would allow me to run a FF sensor and have it function properly.

How exactly does the Blend Factor table function? And what is used to adjust timing based on ethanol content? I know you said you had to read more, just thinking out loud. I am reading like 5 different threads at the moment.
    Last edited by 03Sierraslt; 01-31-2017 at 01:51 PM.

Try this out, 04 tahoe fuel segment swapped in.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Just seen this, Thanks TJ Ill give it a look.

Potential Tuner

Confirm that this is for a 0411 PCM please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    That OS is flex fuel capable...I just run E85 full time though
    Ben Charles,

That 2002 Tahoe DBC OS... it's for a 0411 PCM, right? What OS is that, exactly

Thanks,

Rob