Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weird table modifications while tuning VVE

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Are you waiting 10-15 mins after flashing before logging? If the injector tip temp table isn't right then fueling will be a bit screwy for a bit after fresh flashes. It's pretty annoying.

Wideband wise I've had good luck out of AEM 30-0333 as long as it's a vehicle with a CAN bus (which I think any 2008+ is). I also used a PLX for about a year without any issues but it was slower. Summit has that AEM for $220'ish if I remember right

The AEM one plugs into the OBD port then HPT plugs into it and gets the wideband data that way. You don't have to run any wires to the analog inputs on the HPTuners interface and setup is really easy which makes it nice.
    I'll have to check this out. I'd never heard of it plugging into the obd port.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    Agreed.

OP, you need to read pretty much the entirety of this thread. Zeroing out the table works for some but for others it needs to be worked on. Alot of trial and error went into this table even existing.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...h-after-Flash/
    Well my odd problem is after I get the numbers being close to being zeroed in, I multiple percent - half and then my table goes from being mostly - numbers to being +10. Being in the positives is learn correct? I'm questioning myself now

Tuning Addict
    Yes, being +10 means that it's slightly lean from commanded stoic in that cell. You might need to modify groups of cells by hand to stay away from the ones that are already pretty close.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Yes, being +10 means that it's slightly lean from commanded stoic in that cell. You might need to modify groups of cells by hand to stay away from the ones that are already pretty close.
    I have tried modifing them by hand as well and when I calculate coefficeints it modifies a ton of cells around it. And then when I get to logging again, I will be lean, the entier fuel trim table will be very lean.. If you check back in a couple hours, I will upload the log it gives me after I get close to zeroing out the table then multiply percent half and save it.

Can it just be running lean after a flash instead of rich? I just cant explain well myself. I can tune a file a few times on the VVE and then all of a sudden when I get it close to being really good, I'll edit the table and save and upload. Start the car, log right away or wait for it to clear out, it doesn't matter. it is lean all of a sudden. The entire table. This is what is confusing me.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by imgarten.fredrick View Post
    I have tried modifing them by hand as well and when I calculate coefficeints it modifies a ton of cells around it. And then when I get to logging again, I will be lean, the entier fuel trim table will be very lean.. If you check back in a couple hours, I will upload the log it gives me after I get close to zeroing out the table then multiply percent half and save it.

Can it just be running lean after a flash instead of rich? I just cant explain well myself. I can tune a file a few times on the VVE and then all of a sudden when I get it close to being really good, I'll edit the table and save and upload. Start the car, log right away or wait for it to clear out, it doesn't matter. it is lean all of a sudden. The entire table. This is what is confusing me.
    Some people do get a lean after flash after 0ing out the inj temp table.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    Some people do get a lean after flash after 0ing out the inj temp table.
    I didn't 0 mine out.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by imgarten.fredrick View Post
    I am having some really really odd things happen with the VVE editor. I will paste in my percent correction to the table like usual and then I will press "calculate Coefficients" and then it makes a huge hole in my table. the numbers go negative.

I'll attach the files below. I cannot find any answer or where this has happened to someone else.

copy the STFT and paste into the VVE "multiply percent" not half. See if it gives you the same results as me

Potential Tuner
    I am getting the same thing, multiply by percent - one example for a given cell is 6.5, and the result makes sense. But calculate coefficients results in very odd negative values in the VE table. Did you ever get passed it?