Thread: Newbie: C6 Z06. Mafless tuning, 3 bar MAP

Newbie: C6 Z06. speed density tuning, 3 bar MAP

Ok guys, been in the engine biz for ever, but new to tuning with something other than screwdriver and adjustable wrench. lol Anyhow, I have a Z06 with a D1SC, believe it's at about 15#, (per customer, from another tuner) I'm trying to install a 3 bar sensor, what do i need that will drop in, also, my buddy tuning on it remotely would like to tune Mafless, and use VE tables, is this possible. Yes, my friend is a very skilled tuner, but he's in Australia and tunes on Holden's all day long, has a mainline dyno, but he's not familiar with the vette, and he can't simply switch as he can on all the Holdens he tunes..

I hope you guys understand what we're trying to do, and don't hurt me getting to technical. lol
    Last edited by TheEngineWorks.com; 01-12-2017 at 06:40 PM.

3 bar MAP sensor is the easy part. Just plug in the linear and offset settings for whatever MAP you are using and that's it.

As far as going speed density only, that could still be done. The computer you have will depend on if you can go to a 2 bar OS upgrade or now, there is no 3 bar OS on the those computers as far as I know. You also don't need a 3 bar map if you are only running 15 pounds of boost, just buy a 2 bar map instead from a cobalt SS.

If you computer has no 2 bar OS upgrade, said tuner will have to fail the MAF and tune the VVE tables for boost. If it does have a upgrade he'll have to be smart enough to build you new VE tables as they become blank once the OS has been changed. I'm aware this might be over your head but it should be possible still.

Also, I think many of those early corvette computers only allow for 63lb/hr injectors max. So if you were to use larger injectors you have to double the stoich valve and half the injector flow rate to even things out. A few other tables will have to be adjusted too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Yeah, installing the sensor is easy. It's literally just 2 values in the tune, MAP sensor linear and offset. If you're using a ZR1 sensor the values are 312.5 for linear and -11.25 for offset

If 2 bar OS is available use that--it's actually good for up to 2.5 bars, so unless you're running over 22psi of boost then that should just fine. Ensure tuner changes the axis headers for the VE tables to whatever range you'll be running. if you're running 15psi I'd set them up for something like 17-18psi so you don't have to redo them if you ever bumped it up later

If no 2 bar OS is available then you'll have to use virtual VE instead. Still perfectly doable.