Thread: E67 VVE axis issue

E67 VVE axis issue

Hi guys,

so I've got the latest version of 3.4 installed on my machine. I took a file and within the VVE I changed the map axis to reflect boost. Max kpa of 320 I believe. The car has a ZR1 map sensor installed. I saved the file. I shut down my computer. I came back to my computer the next day and turned it on, and opened the file in editor. The axis is still correct. I emailed the file to my customer in Florida (with the same version of HPT) and he opened the file and the VVE only shows a max map of 105 in the axis. I checked mine and it still says 320 or so. When the axis changes like that, it ruins the whole VE table. This OS does not allow for a 2 bar upgrade, or anything like that. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem? I can't even email it to him to flash it in, or what if he wanted to tweak it slightly on his end? I'm attaching the file in hopes that someone can chime in on this.

MUCH appreciated. Kevinjimmy gxp 50lb shorties zr1 map BW sd testing ONLY.hpt

When I first opened it, it was on a 1 bar VVE table. I just changed the axis myself to show 3 bar.

Anything past 105kpa is still smooth but has some decent drop off's in it as the rpm rise.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by icicleboy View Post
    Hi guys,

so I've got the latest version of 3.4 installed on my machine. I took a file and within the VVE I changed the map axis to reflect boost. Max kpa of 320 I believe. The car has a ZR1 map sensor installed. I saved the file. I shut down my computer. I came back to my computer the next day and turned it on, and opened the file in editor. The axis is still correct. I emailed the file to my customer in Florida (with the same version of HPT) and he opened the file and the VVE only shows a max map of 105 in the axis. I checked mine and it still says 320 or so. When the axis changes like that, it ruins the whole VE table. This OS does not allow for a 2 bar upgrade, or anything like that. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem? I can't even email it to him to flash it in, or what if he wanted to tweak it slightly on his end? I'm attaching the file in hopes that someone can chime in on this.

MUCH appreciated. Kevinjimmy gxp 50lb shorties zr1 map BW sd testing ONLY.hpt
    That's not how it works. The editor is just displaying whatever range you're asking to display. It isn't making it a 2 bar OS or 3 bar OS or anything like that. Just have the customer change the VVE axis to the 2 or 3 bar options and he'll see the same thing you're seeing. The tune is exactly the same either way, it's just a difference in what's being displayed.. the settings for that aren't stored in the tune.

Also, unless you're running 30+psi of boost then just use the 0-210kpa axis option not the 3 bar one and it will work out a bit more accurate usually.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Thanks. I think I understand what you are saying.... so as long as the customer doesn't leave the axis in 1 bar, and hits the "calculate coefficients", nothing will get screwed up. Does that sound right? Whats wierd is how I keep going into MY laptop where the axis was originally changed, and the file opens with the axis correct each time with no changes to be made - even though you said the file doesn't save that?

Tuning Addict
    The editor is going to open it up however you had it opened up and modified it last which is why when you open it up - it opens in the 3 bar format... When someone else opens it up - it will open up in whatever setup they typically normally open it up in... For example - I opened it up and it was already in 3 bar format - that is what I last tuned in... When your customer saves it after modifying it in 2 or 3 bar format or even after he first modifies it in 2 or 3 bar - it should open up that way for them till they change the axis again for something else... Your map is way over rich too Better overly rich than lean, but this is way overly rich... Anyway - that's how the editor works for the moment...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by icicleboy View Post
    Thanks. I think I understand what you are saying.... so as long as the customer doesn't leave the axis in 1 bar, and hits the "calculate coefficients", nothing will get screwed up. Does that sound right? Whats wierd is how I keep going into MY laptop where the axis was originally changed, and the file opens with the axis correct each time with no changes to be made - even though you said the file doesn't save that?
    Right, as long as he doesn't hit calculate coefficients then nothing will change.. it's just a difference in what he's viewing vs you are, it's not a difference in the tune itself

VVE editor settings are being saved on your laptop, not in the tune itself.. so that's why it opens up the same each time for you

Thanks to all that replied. Much appreciated. Ghuggins, this was just a base map that I changed the axis in to see what happens on another computer. I didn't actually tune it at all. Exercise to see what happens when I send the file to a customer.

Dang, then whoever did something to it before changed the eq ratio to 1.410 lol. Those little injectors would be screaming haha.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.