Thread: looking to get more low end

Potential Tuner

looking to get more low end

I attached my file below the truck has the torque management disabled or set to 0 but still wont let the tires spin from a light the truck does not have any traction control option. it will let me spin with the brake and wont spin them vary far. not really sure what to do. other than that the truck runs extremely well. was just looking for off the line wheel spin just because any help would be awesome thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have found that Engine > Advance > Spark Limiters > Spark Minimum - TqMgt affected me badly even though I thought I had all the TM settings disabled. It wasn't until I bumped my 176 and 212 temperatures to +14* from the -20* that I could shoot off the line. I logged my timing at launch (which was 14*), so that's the value I chose. You might log yours to see what it is at before TM nails ya.
    2013 Camaro LSX433 with TFS 245cc cat heads
    AGP 65/65 Twin Turbos into BTR Equalizer intake
    BTR 237/247 .610"/.601" 116+5 (10* overlap) cam
    ID-1700x on AGP Fore Triple w/ Flex Fuel sensor
    Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT box | custom anti-lag

Senior Tuner
    fast torque exit.

You have also left a lot on the table in terms of power due to the timing map.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

I like smooth timing tables and all but I think that one is taking it a littttle bit extreme

Larger than stock tires with stock-ish power levels don't help you either.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    what do you mean? any help to make more power would be nice. somewhat new to this tuning. I had it tuned professionally and then I purchased the programmer to make changes.

He is saying to disable fast torque exit under the torque management/general tab. Also if you look at the timing tables in the higher g/cly from idle to 2200 the timing is fairly low. Try adding a few degrees to this area and it will improve the take off. Dont expect too much from this as you might be disappointed. If you are looking for more you really need a converter.

Potential Tuner
    timing maps to high? kind of new to this. had the truck tuned by a local tuning shop. after I purchased the software just in case to make any changes as I desired. and I had mad a few changes to torque management stuff but that's kind of all ive played around with. is there more power to be made else ?

You need to log g/cyl, total timing, and engine rpm. Then you can see how it plots on the high/low octane timing tables. You will see when you go wot from a stop the timing is fairly low. Not sure how famillar you are with the scanner but you really should start your focus there. There is some more power to be had but like I said I wouldnt expect a huge jump. If you want it to leave harder you should look into a converter. Most tuning shops focus in the higher rpm areas at wot besides alot of the cars and trucks they deal with have converters. With a converter it would just flash right though that area before the truck moved. As stated by 5FDP larger tires will make it worse. If you have any intensions of modding the truck further I would put a converter in it especially with the 4 speed. Why dont you just ask the local tuning shop that tuned it if they can help you with this as it would only take a few minutes.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rbooth View Post
    You need to log g/cyl, total timing, and engine rpm. Then you can see how it plots on the high/low octane timing tables. You will see when you go wot from a stop the timing is fairly low. Not sure how famillar you are with the scanner but you really should start your focus there. There is some more power to be had but like I said I wouldnt expect a huge jump. If you want it to leave harder you should look into a converter. Most tuning shops focus in the higher rpm areas at wot besides alot of the cars and trucks they deal with have converters. With a converter it would just flash right though that area before the truck moved. As stated by 5FDP larger tires will make it worse. If you have any intensions of modding the truck further I would put a converter in it especially with the 4 speed. Why dont you just ask the local tuning shop that tuned it if they can help you with this as it would only take a few minutes.
    If we are not on a dyno what can we compare the table to to log the effects of our timing changes.

This is where some experience comes in. You can log knock retard as you add but I would only add a few degrees at a time and log.

Advanced Tuner
    This thread is the first time I've read about "fast torque exit". I looked in my tune and see where it is. But not sure I quite understand what it is...or how to disable it.

Can anyone elaborate a bit on this?
    2010 Camaro LS3
    Kenne Bell 2.8 Supercharger
    BTR stage 3 PDS Torque Cam
    Frankenstein M311 heads
    9:1 forged rotating assembly
    Speed Engineering Headers
    ID1000 Injectors
    Twin return fuel fuel pump
    PLX Wideband
    HP Tuners