Thread: Transient fuel

Tuner in Training

Transient fuel

Hi all,
    Can anybody tell me how the accel gain and time constant in transient fuel??? What does raising or lowering the numbers in the tables do ? Is it like a pump shot on a carb.
    thanks for any help
    efiv6

Tuner in Training
    Accel gain I believe is how much is added
    Time constant I believe is how long the fuel is added (according to searches)
    Decay is intuitive.
    Decreasing manifold volume makes it happen faster and richer, possibly decaying faster (don't know the logic here).

Decel gain I'm assuming is how much is pulled when letting off the throttle. I'm about to adjust that and will let you know.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for your help that makes sences ,i will be testing this so i will report back on how i make out. Thanks again for all you help

Advanced Tuner
    Sound like you have lean tip in. Manifold volume can help with this. Mainly it will affect tip-ins, and the change in actual manifold volume should be directionally correct. ie: If your manifold actually gets smaller, make the number smaller and vice-versa. The manifold filling dynamic model is essentially a mathematical model inside the PCM that compensates for the fact that the MAF sensor reads air passing by it NOT air ingested into the cylinders. There is an appreciable delay between air being read by the MAF and ingested into the cylinders so the model tries to appropriately filter any reading from the MAF to get a more accurate representation of actual inducted air. The details are quite complicated, but of all the knobs to be turned, manifold volume is the most significant.

for me the rising on voltage, multiplicator, pressure and flow max has helped.