Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rich AFR transition during WOT

your not running PE all the time, always look at 02's, see if they swing. Yep it went real rich in real PE but there are things that looks strange to me:

There's a nasty dip in calculated airflow/fuel (airflow - Cyl Air) and Dynamic Air (g/s) at 00:04:05.298 that nobody mentions causing the knock event at the same time. MAP is steady increasing... I bet narrowband O2's and Wideband O2 didnt have time to fully report it. If your still pulling fuel trying to fix this over rich condition... then this is likely leaning out your real fuel requirement, causing this knock event.

Your WB appears to be fully saturated (flooded). It's sitting steady at 8.1AFR, 0.55 Lamdba. It will not respond to a lean event quickly. The 02's do but also are also flooded so things are slow.

If you put a flap in your MAF Sensor... yep that's your problem.

This momentary DIP I mention in both Cyl Air (g) and Dynamic Air (g/s) drives your Injector DC % and AFR way down... causing knock. Thing is, at the lowest, it basically matches my airflow at the same MAF HZ, and MAP. I have a stock cam, stock manifolds, Whipple at 10psi. Your fueling at that point basically matches mine for a moment. Maybe your VE table isnt correct and the MAF fails for a second, causing it to read off the VE table for that instant?
    Last edited by 10_SS; 12-30-2016 at 01:33 AM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    your not running PE all the time, always look at 02's, see if they swing. Yep it went real rich in real PE but there are things that looks strange to me:

There's a nasty dip in calculated airflow/fuel (airflow - Cyl Air) and Dynamic Air (g/s) at 00:04:05.298 that nobody mentions causing the knock event at the same time. MAP is steady increasing... I bet narrowband O2's and Wideband O2 didnt have time to fully report it. If your still pulling fuel trying to fix this over rich condition... then this is likely leaning out your real fuel requirement, causing this knock event.

Your WB appears to be fully saturated (flooded). It's sitting steady at 8.1AFR, 0.55 Lamdba. It will not respond to a lean event quickly. The 02's do but also are also flooded so things are slow.

If you put a flap in your MAF Sensor... yep that's your problem.

This momentary DIP I mention in both Cyl Air (g) and Dynamic Air (g/s) drives your Injector DC % and AFR way down... causing knock. Thing is, at the lowest, it basically matches my airflow at the same MAF HZ, and MAP. I have a stock cam, stock manifolds, Whipple at 10psi. Your fueling at that point basically matches mine for a moment. Maybe your VE table isnt correct and the MAF fails for a second, causing it to read off the VE table for that instant?
    The knock came first if the scan is accurate.

I see what you're saying about the DynAir but VE table is pretty close where the the motor was running during that dip. Forgot to fail the MAf during those pulls and only set it for 8000rpm so it probably was still being used for something, That dip coincides with the MAF coming back "alive" but Airflow mode reporting an "unknown" state which probably cut fuel to the motor, not good at 4800/9lbs boost

Possibly it is the flap. It pivots or opens at higher flows but sits on the edge of the MAF housing at low flows. It might be flapping and smacking the housing at higher flows but frequency was climbing steadily and the knock came first, before any change in airflow or fueling so I might have just pushed it too far with 13 degrees of timing/9 psi and no meth spraying. I know the torque reading is not real but I've never seen it that high when it knocked.

Maybe I dodged a bullet here and got sloppy rushing things. Going to dial it back and start over
    2012 C6 Base, Kooks 1-7/8" LT, Catted, NPP
    Novi 1500SL, 10% OD IW, Big Blower Cam, Flip Drive, 2x Alky, ID1000
    Nitto NT05R 305x19, 255x18 on CCW T10s
    Self built and tuned https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kod2UTqrVwM