Thread: Please Review my canned tune from SLP for supercharger

Tuner in Training

Please Review my canned tune from SLP for supercharger

I have a 2014 SS, Manual that I just installed the SLP supercharger on. I sent them my stock tune and they upgraded it for the s/c addition. If someone could review this file and see if there is anything I need to address or change.
    This kit came with LS9 injectors and a new 2 bar MAP sensor.

Thanks for any advice.
    Attached Files Attached Files

It's a somewhat typical canned tune in a way. They just disable the VVE and make it a MAF only tune. They smack it with some more fuel and lower the timing. Minor adjustments to a knock sensor settings and other odds and ends.

It's not horrible and it should work alright. The tune can always be improved though. Ideally (depending on who you ask) you'd want to tune the VVE for boost as well. The VVE still plays a roll in the tunes regardless even if they set it to MAF only.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuning Addict
    I didn't look through it in detail, but watch out on the spark adder, subtractor, multiplier tables - noticed your ect spark table was adding in an area where it shouldn't be "weird tuner signature mark from appearance" and then I could be completely wrong here, but I'm almost positive your injector flow rate info isn't correct for ls9/lsa injectors... Unless your map is a 2.5 bar - you might want to double check it too? Companies like this typically aren't supposed to change injector data, so they'll fib other stuff to make them work... Your transient fueling looks way too low, so you might want to watch out on throttle stomps as well... Just some quick observations...

Also as 5FDP pointed out - you'll want to tune the VVE in...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Quick question... To tune the VVE would I do the exact same thing as if it was N/A still? Or is there additional tweaks to tune VVE for boost?

Tuning Addict
    You just need to click on the map axis and change it to 2 bar or whatever you plan on building boost wise... Otherwise pretty much the same...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner
    I guess this tune is how SLP maintains it's CARB exemption status. So they can sell in Kalifornia

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

What MAP sensor are you/they running? Part number? The settings they are using I've never seen before

They've got a screw up on the IAT spark adder table. The 122* row should be -1.5 judging by the cells around it, they have it at +1.5*, so it's going to add timing there when IAT's get to 122 degrees but subtract it when it's at 113 or 131, doesn't seem right

They increased the cat light off tables? Not sure why

Knock decay rate is like 20x stock for 3K and up, I usually do 2-3x stock

That's the basics. It's a canned tune, will probably run rich but run.. could be better though.
    Last edited by schpenxel; 12-14-2016 at 03:38 PM.

Tuner in Training
    The MAP was a 2 bar according to the kit details, bosche part number 90423637
    The parts listing calls out the injectors as Bosche (56#/hr @ 4 Bar) part number 0280158187

Do i need to do anything about the MAP sensor inputs in the tune file to let it know its a 2 bar now? If so what do I need to change it to?

I want to start adjusting my MAF table then move to my VVE table, so I guess I need the correct injector data which I don't understand and would need help on what to enter.
    For the VVE table, I see under one of the main menu items to open the VVE table and I can make normal adjustments to like I used to do on my old LS1 VE table. After I make the corrections I just need to hit the update equations button, is there anything else I need to tweak to get the VVE done? What about the MAP and RPM boundaries?

Thanks for any help!!

It's already changed. Airflow-->General, map sensor linear and offset

That's pretty much it on VVE. Only oddity is by default it opens to the "manifold switch closed" table, which isn't used on a lot of vehicles. So, you need to switch it to manifold switch open first. I usually just make them the same. Basically set the MAP/RPM axises up however you want them (if you click on the headers there are some defaults that are saved already.. 2 bar values would probably work fine). Make changes to whatever cell or cells like normal then hit calculate coefficients. The values will change slightly after you do that as it's trying to make coefficients best fit the table you want but isn't always perfect.

I would at least go in to start with and make it so the VVE values don't nose dive in boost which is what they're doing now