Thread: HELP! 6 litre supercharged not holding boost

Potential Tuner

HELP! 6 litre supercharged not holding boost

I'm a newby to tuning and trying to tune my mates car, it was going good then all of a sudden lost boost during a wot run at about 5200rpm.

Now it will only see boost up to about 3000rpm then bleeds down to normal map.

The engine still runs fine, its not pressurising the sump or blowing smoke or noisy.

Car is a 2008 holden commodore L98 (6 litre with 0821 heads) 6 speed manual, cam is 227/227 .598 .598 112lsa, harrop hh122 supercharger kit (third hand)

It has gilmer rear belt setup and 8pk front belt setup (the belt is too short and there is not much movement on the tensioner.)

I have replaced the manifold gaskets and tried holding the bypass valve closed but still does the same thing

In the log file "lost boost" you can see were the problem first started at 13:30:25

any ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    check the bypass valve or even any slack in the belts
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

I agree. I've had that problem and it was it was a leak on the control line at the bypass.
    APS TT 630 rwhp/654 rwtq @ 9 psi
    '07 C6, TR6060 conversion w/Z06 ratios. DTE Stage 4 Quaife Diff w/brace (3.73). Z06 Brakes, mild turbo cam & dual springs (222/222, LSA 115, .581/.581), LS9R clutch, LG GT2 Coilovers, Autometer Cobalt Fuel gauage, Progressive Alky Controller, and e-Boost2 Controller. PFADT poly bushing for control arms and Sports sway bars. MGW shifter. 3" B&B Fusion. RSI Stage 1.5 fuel system. RX dual valve catch can.

Tuning Addict
    Even if the belt is tight - it can still slip if it's not wrapped around the crank and blower pulleys at least 75%... In the above log - your throttle is staying open - this doesn't mean your air filter hasn't sucked something up into it or collapsing - even possibly where the air box gets it's air? I would focus more on the mechanics than anything else as stated above - bypass valve which you said you held shut somehow - that should have eliminated it unless it's loose internally? Blower not seated on the heads correctly - shouldn't have built boost to begin with? If you have the ability - smoke check it - should show an external leak quickly - possibly rubber cork or nipple blew out somewhere? If it's not leaking - then has to be clogged internally or a bypass issue - that's if it's not a belt issue... Don't know if it's on a dyno or not - but easiest diagnostic is to have someone run it while you watch things - you might be surprised with what you see - such as a weak tensioner moving the wrong way "it should tighten down the belt with about an inch of movement in most instances"...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC