Thread: 1998 F-body fuel system segment swap for P59 PCM

Tuner in Training

1998 F-body fuel system segment swap for P59 PCM

Im looking for a 1998 F-body fuel system segment number. I was told that the express van uses the same one as the 1998. I am using a P59 PCM. I plan on using a 05 Avalanche OS since it has some options I need. The express van segment is 12593361, just need to confirm its the correct one before a License the Avalanche OS. Thanks in advance

Just a random question, are you converting to DBW too?

Because the 2005 is going to be DBW and not a cable TB.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Im staying DBC. The vans and the Avalanches were both, and I believe the P59 PCM I have has the IAC driver in it. I had to search for a certain service number with a certain hwd # PCM to get that particular diamond in the goats a$$

you are correct - chevy express vans are drive by cable and have the p59 pcm 2003 yr model up (I have one for parts - has the 6.0/4l80e combo and cable throttle body with IAC)

I will check tonight if fuel segment is same as 98 Camaro if you still need answer (gotta check on my tuning laptop - no files on this computer)

when I open the 98 file - the segments do not populate like the 99- files. I opened several 98 files that I have and none show the segments as the later files. 97-98 corvettes and 98 camaro's use a different ECU than later 99-02 camaro's. I am unsure if you can segment swap from these early computers to the later ones - maybe someone else with more info on this will speak up

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 68Camaro View Post
    when I open the 98 file - the segments do not populate like the 99- files. I opened several 98 files that I have and none show the segments as the later files. 97-98 corvettes and 98 camaro's use a different ECU than later 99-02 camaro's. I am unsure if you can segment swap from these early computers to the later ones - maybe someone else with more info on this will speak up
    I really appreciate your help. I ended up swapping the express van fuel segment into the avalanche OS and it seems to be working. Showing 1/2 tank, and Im pretty sure it was near that before the swap. Since Im on the subject of gauges, the tach isnt working. I show RPM's in HP Tuner scanner, but the needle doesnt move in the cluster. All other gauges work though. Any thoughts?

what did you swap this into? what tach? some older tachs require a pull-up resistor on the tach signal wire to get them to work

auto-meter tachs usually require a pull-up resistor to make work also

Quote Originally Posted by corner worker View Post
    I really appreciate your help. I ended up swapping the express van fuel segment into the avalanche OS and it seems to be working. Showing 1/2 tank, and Im pretty sure it was near that before the swap. Since Im on the subject of gauges, the tach isnt working. I show RPM's in HP Tuner scanner, but the needle doesnt move in the cluster. All other gauges work though. Any thoughts?
    The tach output on most of the P59 PCM's do not have a 12v pullup that is needed but rather use a pulsed ground output on the tach wire. The 98's need the analog signal to work, unlike the 99-up, which use serial class2 to communicate RPM. So to solve this you need to get a 1k ohm resistor and wire it into a key switched 12v source and the tach output wire. This will act as a 12v pullup for the circuit.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400