Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.4 is here!

The most likely reason would be the vehicle (which you didn't describe), uses the older European ISO protocol in the fast init form, which we don't support. We support the slower init ISO.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    It's cost/profit.

Getting into any module is usually pretty difficult.
    I would pay another $100 to get into the BCM... I'm pretty sure allot of people would.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    GM FPCM support would be nifty even if it's just disabling codes...

Going into the fuel system tab on my Cruze I have successfully raised the fuel pressure by changing the pressure settings. Have proof of this with logs. So apparently their is some control there I'd have to say....
    2017 Silverado LTZ

GM FPCM support would be nifty even if it's just disabling codes...
    Quote Originally Posted by KLUG'S SS View Post
    Going into the fuel system tab on my Cruze I have successfully raised the fuel pressure by changing the pressure settings. Have proof of this with logs. So apparently their is some control there I'd have to say....
    But there isn't. Those commands come from the ECM telling the FPCM what to do. The actual PWM logic and controller trouble codes come from within the FPCM.

I also would like to have support for modifying FPCM control logic as well as PID parameters to log output duty cycle and short term and long term pump duty cycle trims. This would be helpful in adding a larger PWM pump and dialing it's control logic in to prevent trouble codes. Or disabling the codes all together yet keep the fuel pressure feedback to accurately tell the ECM injection differential. Those are just a few things access to the FPCM would offer.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    But there isn't. Those commands come from the ECM telling the FPCM what to do. The actual PWM logic and controller trouble codes come from within the FPCM.

I also would like to have support for modifying FPCM control logic as well as PID parameters to log output duty cycle and short term and long term pump duty cycle trims. This would be helpful in adding a larger PWM pump and dialing it's control logic in to prevent trouble codes. Or disabling the codes all together yet keep the fuel pressure feedback to accurately tell the ECM injection differential. Those are just a few things access to the FPCM would offer.
    The biggest issue is that the FPCM calibration cannot be read, hence we would need a database of every FPCM OS & CAL. Not impossible, but problematic...
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    The biggest issue is that the FPCM calibration cannot be read, hence we would need a database of every FPCM OS & CAL. Not impossible, but problematic...
    I gave you guys the files from a 2012 CTS-V. I can get you the bin files for virtually anything, and I am 100% willing to do so. The only caveat is they'd be the latest files for any given vehicle.

I can CAN sniff the request and response information from a Tech 2 for the scan data.

Help me out with read/write requests through the scanner, and I'll finish my FPCM. I would love to have a table that just does live read/write like RTT.

https://youtu.be/VW1zAmiyc30
    Last edited by DSteck; 11-30-2016 at 07:08 AM.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

James, I have a working piece that will report pressure and replace the FPCM.

So last night went to do a log and 3/4 of my channels go dark and won't see or use them once I connected to my vehicle so what went wrong? When I first hooked up the scanner it went through a huge update listing all available new pids before would connect sort of like when updated from 2-3 series and lost it all last time and had to go and redo all my stuff. Sure it is something I am missing as others seem to have no issues.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

James, I have a working piece that will report pressure and replace the FPCM.
    Yep I remember you telling me that. I'm curious to get something working on base C6's and C6Z's. I'm wondering if the addition of the "Rail Pressure Min" and "Rail Pressure Max" parameters could potentially unlock the ability of fuel pressure feedback on the standard nonFPCM E38's.
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    Yep I remember you telling me that. I'm curious to get something working on base C6's and C6Z's. I'm wondering if the addition of the "Rail Pressure Min" and "Rail Pressure Max" parameters could potentially unlock the ability of fuel pressure feedback on the standard nonFPCM E38's.
    I doubt the code exists for it to even look for the CAN messages.

I doubt the code exists for it to even look for the CAN messages.
    Be nice to have the ability to have it look for that code. It's obviously a programming thing because there are many other applications that use E38's and FPCM's.
    ShorTuning

I'm not saying the hardware can't do it... I'm just saying I don't think it's as simple as turning on a few switches. I could be wrong.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    The most likely reason would be the vehicle (which you didn't describe), uses the older European ISO protocol in the fast init form, which we don't support. We support the slower init ISO.
    97 and a 09 volvo v70/850. Volfcr is what i've used in the past, but due to unfortunate reasons, volfcr is no currently available. Since HPT is, I tried it out; End result, doesn't communicate with the volvo system.

Slightly related question:
    Does HPT editor work with those volvo's under the ford merge era or late model (aka Chinese) volvo's? Would be interesting to see what enhancements can be made if HPT can break into those modules.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    I would pay another $100 to get into the BCM... I'm pretty sure allot of people would.
    I'd pay quite a bit more than $100 to get into my BCM. I know the development time costs a lot more than that and I'd be thrilled to get control of it. Of course, I don't know if editing a BCM is like editing a PCM...I think the guys doing it are patching code from different cars into each other.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

I'd imagine the BCM is a poster child for poor ROI. Most people probably never need to muck with anything in there, and there may not be much in the form of "calibration".

Here's a thought though... apparently the other guys can push front and rear tire size into the ABS module. That's something I'd love.

Senior Tuner
    I'd imagine the BCM is a poster child for poor ROI. Most people probably never need to muck with anything in there, and there may not be much in the form of "calibration".

Here's a thought though... apparently the other guys can push front and rear tire size into the ABS module. That's something I'd love.
    Yeah...those of us that want it, are looking for simple things like getting rid of DRL's, or windows from the keyfob without buying the window valet thing or whatever...so I'll just turn them off when I start the car instead. I'd pay to be able to edit them...but I know it's unlikely. Pushing tire height differences to the ABS system though, that'd be awesome.

I'd also love the scan tool to have more of the features that the really expensive scan tools have, like re-learning steering wheel angle sensors.
    Last edited by MikeOD; 12-02-2016 at 08:19 AM.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Unfortunately even if we would consider BCM adjustments, we have no good way to license enhanced bidi controls yet.

Sounds like free to me!

Keep in mind that we are still investing a good deal of time in adding functionality and parameters to older platforms when others have given up on them.

Tuner in Training
    quick question can i get into a 2003-6 mercedes cars and chrysler mercedes cars?

i'm looking to transplant the amg32 motor from a crossfire into an s-10 pick up truck