Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.4 is here!

Tuner in Training
    typical I did attempt to reply to your private message, but you blocked me. YOU can suppress the truth on your forums. I will wage war on any source that you do not control. so thanks for your unwillingness to make this right. so delete that

Quote Originally Posted by arottmann View Post
    I was expecting 04 dodge support today I basically was told to get fucked by support that they " DO NOT PLAN TO ADD ANY OTHER PARAMETERS" all the 04 545rfe are on there, but they are not. It doesn't read knock or injectors and they don't plan to. it was suggested that I sell the used interface.... so I am shit out of luck. I waited to start my engine project until I knew I had a way to tune it. now I'm back to square 1. wasted the money. I guess if I had and LS this would be OK or one of the 10 ppl who already have purchased a 2017 and are ready to alter it. I am on a mission to spread this and the lies that I was told in the beginning in order to sell it to me. 8 grand into a motor that I have no idea now how I will be able to make it run.
    Buy megasquirt MS3 or something.

Tons of people but aftermarket controllers to power their vehicle, take a chill pill.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    yes I get that but this all should have been disclosed before buying. these are questions that I asked specifically and have been fighting this for weeks and only today do they tell me this. ive been back and forth all day today with support only to be left high and dry. I have essentially spent money that could have just as easily went to the engine and then in the future after it sits on the stand for a year they may actually support the older vehicle. there has to be a way I have seen to many ppl with twin turbo or SC hemis it is important to keep the factory ecm because in Phx AZ we have emmisions and aftermarket ecms usually don't pass.

Advanced Tuner
    Probably not the computer failing emissions but the tuner trying to tune that computer with little to limited knowledge. Just a guess anyways. I don't think computers give a shit about emissions one way or the other. They do what they're told for the most part.

I dont know if this has been covered.... How do you purchase credits for the Benzos?

Just see the big 3 as options still

They are licensed with Dodge credits.

Potential Tuner
    Surprised to see Mercedes support and more surprised it is for the 6.2 NA engine instead of the 5.4 supercharged M113 engine found in the E55 AMG, CLS55 AMG, etc. which I would say are far more sought after tuner cars so would think there is a bigger market.

Tuner in Training
    is 06 dodge 1500 545rfe support coming along with 3.4?

Tuner
    Anyone got a stock C63 Merc tune I can download? curious for a look....TIA

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by redmonaro View Post
    Anyone got a stock C63 Merc tune I can download? curious for a look....TIA
    In the Mercedes forum.
    Jaime

Potential Tuner
    Anybody runs 3.4 with windows 10?

Tuner in Training
    Hey guys I had to restor my computer and need to now how to get HP Tuners back..

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio View Post
    Anybody runs 3.4 with windows 10?
    Yes. No issues so far on three different vehicles.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    Yes. No issues so far on three different vehicles.
    Thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Just looked at your pictures - Did you originally change the axis before updating? Have you tried using the predefined axis? Something is really weird with your map settings???
    Cheers pointed me in the right direction, adjusted the axes to a standard setup. But I think this is a bug, shouldn't each tune have it's own axes information.......... instead of carrying it across to all tunes that you open?.....

As soon as I reset the axes all the other tunes worked properly.
    Last edited by BigDaddyCool; 11-17-2016 at 03:17 AM.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleblu View Post
    Probably not the computer failing emissions but the tuner trying to tune that computer with little to limited knowledge. Just a guess anyways. I don't think computers give a shit about emissions one way or the other. They do what they're told for the most part.
    Just wanted to add, in PHX for emissions on 96 and later years it doesn't matter how the engine runs, if there is no check engine light and the gas tank holds pressure it will pass emissions. They do hook up to the PCM through the obdII port to make sure the readiness tests are completed. (This applies to 1/2 ton and lighter vehicles)

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RRRocketMan View Post
    I've been asking why we couldn't have RTT support for the E38 PCM for a long time and gotten no answer.

Well, is that on the table or are E38 Pro owners just screwed out of that feature?
    Bosch production ECU's have only 1 CAN channel for communication 250kbit/s IIRC. A development Bosch ECU has two CAN Transceivers, the one standard channel that production ECU's use, and the second channel is a 1mbit/s that operates on a CCP or XCP protocol depending on the ECU. Etas Inca can talk directly with the high speed network creating a virtual calibration, hence allowing real time modifications. To enable real time tuning a new chip would need to be added to the ECU, and HPTuners would need to setup a new A2L file (or equivalent) to use the new hardware.

In the long run it is easier to do non-real time tuning, also more robust as the ECU wouldn't need to be opened and tampered with.

Potential Tuner
    My graphs & charts appear to function well on windows 10 so far, havn't tuned with it yet though.

Tuner in Training
    I've been tuning my PT7675 equipped 5.3 96 Z28 using the Wide band and Histograms for the past month. Sometimes, I play with the Real Time Tuning (RTT) from time to time and it's worked great with the 3.2.55. I loaded this new version yesterday and today, fired up RTT but it was showing values that are not in my VE table. Whereas my loaded tune starts with 32 in the 15 KPA/400RPM intersect, the RTT showed '5' there. And at the ldle intersect where my actual tune had 41 at 50kpa/800RPM, the RTT had 75. No value in the RTT reflected what was in my tune.

Anyone else seeing this?

Do I need to redefine my PID to correct this?

Tuning Addict
    Just wondering if it's just me, but is anyone else having layout file loading problems? Am I suddenly doing something wrong? Just wondering because I went to open a gen 5 layout for the scanner today - it opened with all of my just previously used gen 4 graphs, but my gen 5 channels loaded fine - set all of my graphs back up used this morning for data logging and tuning - hooked up laptop and closed scanner while went to lunch - came back and opened the scanner - all of my gen 4 channels were back - had to reload the gen 5 channels a couple of times before they started working, but when I loaded the layout again it only loaded with a "partial" gen 5 layout - by partial I mean all of my map/baro axis were still in the correct decimal numbers or rather the line breakpoint designations, but it was back to using "map" instead of the map/baro parameter...

Anyone else having problems with multiple layouts or is it just me?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC