Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.4 is here!

http://www.aemelectronics.com/files/...tion%20Kit.pdf

Page 5

I "think" you have to change the ECU address and PID on the second one to something different but I'm not 100% sure of that.. I know at least one of those settings has to be different, possibly both.. but playing around with those should get it going. I think anyways.

Basically have to tell the 2nd unit to use a different PID, and [likely] a different address also, so that HPT can differentiate between the two readings/units.. I don't think it really matters which address/PID you use, just that it's different than the first, but I've never tried it so let us know how it goes..
    Last edited by schpenxel; 12-30-2016 at 09:57 PM.

Bothe the ECM and PID must be different on the 2 WBs. They also cannot conflict with any other device on the bus.

Tuning Addict
    I'll get it straightened out Tuesday... Thanks Carson... Thanks Scott...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuning Addict
    OK just for future reference for those falling for the go to youtube for quick answers routine - just read the directions that comes with the 30-0333 widebands Set the second one up on ECU 7 and PID 2 and you won't have problems... On another upside my scanner either with todays update or with having the correctly designated addresses on the can network started working again as well... Hopefully it stays that way now?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner
    Any update - on Fuel pump control module control for CTSV/ZL1?

Tuner

Any plans for non AMG?

I own a 2008 Mercedes E320 Bluetec 3.0 turbo diesel, any plans on getting non AMG Mercedes tunable?
    2002 NBM WS6
    APS F-BODY TWIN TURBO KIT
    317 Heads
    60# Mototron Injectors
    HPTuners tuned by Sean@Solid-Technology, Abq NM
    610 RWHP DYNOJET on 7.9PSI

Quote Originally Posted by FIL131 View Post
    I own a 2008 Mercedes E320 Bluetec 3.0 turbo diesel, any plans on getting non AMG Mercedes tunable?
    probably not that one, but hey, anything's possible! ;-)

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleblu View Post
    Probably not the computer failing emissions but the tuner trying to tune that computer with little to limited knowledge. Just a guess anyways. I don't think computers give a shit about emissions one way or the other. They do what they're told for the most part.
    Still reading through all of the pages of this thread, but in case someone hasn't clarified what the issue is. In Phoenix on 96 and later vehicles the emissions station plugs their computer into the OBD2 port and verifies that there are no emissions codes in the system and then they verify that the Check Engine Light actually comes on. I am not aware of any aftermarket PCM's that will accommodate that.

Set emissions codes to do not report

Problem solved

Advanced Tuner
    I don't think you understand what I am saying.

Aftermarket fuel management systems don't provide the proper emissions reporting capabilities so they cannot communicate with the computers at the emissions station. In phoenix on vehicles that are less than a certain GVW and 96 and later model years don't have to pass a tailpipe inspection. You just need to not have an emissions code show up on an obd2 scan. Aftermarket PCM's won't connect.

The response I was replying to was because a guy was complaining that he couldn't tune his vehicle and the comments were for him to go aftermarket fuel management. That is why he can't.

Not that it matters he seemed pissed enough that he probably won't be back on the forums.
    Last edited by Markmx6; 01-30-2017 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Markmx6 View Post
    I don't think you understand what I am saying.

Aftermarket fuel management systems don't provide the proper emissions reporting capabilities so they cannot communicate with the computers at the emissions station. In phoenix on vehicles that are less than a certain GVW and 96 and later model years don't have to pass a tailpipe inspection. You just need to not have an emissions code show up on an obd2 scan. Aftermarket PCM's won't connect.

The response I was replying to was because a guy was complaining that he couldn't tune his vehicle and the comments were for him to go aftermarket fuel management. That is why he can't.

Not that it matters he seemed pissed enough that he probably won't be back on the forums.
    not that it matters here, but I build a breakout PCM connecter harness that lets me interface a MS3X piggyback on my 2010 E38 Camaro to control fueling, I leave the spark to the stock ECU since it is better with knock sensors, but this way you can also tie in to all sensors and trigger things much easier and better like fans, PWM fuel pumps, Alchohol, blow off valves, etc.

It goes between the stock ECU plugs and the stock ECU so if something happens just unplug the piggyback section and plug back in the stock harness.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Advanced Tuner
    I wonder if something like that would solve his problem.

Either way I think we are getting off topic of the thread, but thank you for the information.

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    not that it matters here, but I build a breakout PCM connecter harness that lets me interface a MS3X piggyback on my 2010 E38 Camaro to control fueling, I leave the spark to the stock ECU since it is better with knock sensors, but this way you can also tie in to all sensors and trigger things much easier and better like fans, PWM fuel pumps, Alchohol, blow off valves, etc.

It goes between the stock ECU plugs and the stock ECU so if something happens just unplug the piggyback section and plug back in the stock harness.
    Since we're off subject anyway - what are the benefits of going to the combo setup? I imagine better transient fueling and fueling controls for individual cylinders if you have the individual wideband or egt sensors? I've been contemplating this, so was just wondering BUT other than that which can be done via the stock ecm's settings with a lot of patience and plug pulling and tuning, what are the benefits?

~Greg Huggins~

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Since we're off subject anyway - what are the benefits of going to the combo setup? I imagine better transient fueling and fueling controls for individual cylinders if you have the individual wideband or egt sensors? I've been contemplating this, so was just wondering BUT other than that which can be done via the stock ecm's settings with a lot of patience and plug pulling and tuning, what are the benefits?
    The main advantage is Auto-tune (realtime fuel tuning) then after that you can have permanent real time fuel correction if you decide to leave that part enabled. It pops a ball up on your VE table showing you were you are on the map, you can add or subtract fuel by keyboard buttons manually while engine running or driving OR just enable Autotune and set your desired AFR and it adjust the VE for you. When just Wideband feedback is used the power output is very consistent as you dont have the rich/lean spikes that I can feel at lower RPM with a manual trans. There is injector timing settings, but not to the level of the stock E38 ecu now. Auto-tune I used to get my VE table setup the first time, then if you trust your Wideband it will constantly monitor AFR and adjust. I had all this setup on my 1996 TA 700hp 10psi, and it tuned my VE table in 20mins of street driving, all by itself, including WOT. I really could not believe it. Once you get it rough tuned in then you can turn down the correction so it's not making such drastic changes all the time. Then i added it's control for Meth Injection. Since then I've removed it and it's sitting on my table now I made this harness to connect it inline with the stock harness and ECU. I thought about using it for full spark control on my LS3 since I have wideband knock sensors for it also but that part I'd just leave to the stock ECU. I want the OEM reliability also, hence the reason I am leaving the option to have a quick way to return everything to the OEM ECU if something would ever happen. All you really need is the crank/cam signal wires, coolant/IAT/TPS, Power, grounds, it has it's own vacuum line for 3bar internal MAP, then also I could mess with a huge PWM fuel pump, or simply switching on a second fuel pump.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    well realtime tuning on almost everything, from VE/MAF thru Spark, Throtle Body, IAC, all sensors, spare ports, flat-shift, launch control, external sensors and lots more. Auto-tune feature is excellent to. You can give me any car fitted with MS2/3 and WB02, and i'll tune it within max 2 hours. As for knock sensors they actually work. Also MS2/3 uses CAN, with additional boarda You can control trans stuff, make own ralay board. And tthey are still expanding it with new features.

best regards

That's pretty awesome sounding

yea imagine leaning out or richening up fuel as the engine is running, playing with injector timing while engine running, all those things, there is no loading required, you makes changes and they instantly take affect, if you want them permanent then you hit BURN and they get saved to the ECU, still while it's running. Yes you can achieve the same thing with stock GM ECU's but it takes months compared to minutes. But, I still like the OEM reliability and quality, and the HPT scanner interface SO MUCH better. Starting from scratch on a buggy, truck or drag/race project or something I would go MS, and anything mostly street definitely HPT and OEM ecu
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Tuner
    TunerstudioMS well configured is way better on scanning then HPT, i can scan as many PIDs, sensors and data as i wish with laptop that is 10-15 years old . what only keeps me with HPT is thet most customers want to stay stock for selling the car on wiring and PCM. HPT is great tho when gen3 with RTT on SD tune only.

mayby some Mod will split this thread to MS chit chat

best regards
    Last edited by wasyl; 02-01-2017 at 01:31 PM.

I was trying to leave it alone but probably should stay at least closer to on topic

The Haltech Elite series ECU's will do obd2 data. They also make a patch harness to piggyback it into C6's which should work in the 5th Gen as well since it's still an E38.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400