Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stock GMC Sierra, new twin turbo kit installed, need advice and tune.

Awesome! Great help man!

OK so I'm a big nubie when it comes to HP tuners, I plugged it into my truck downloaded the stock tune file saved it, then opened up the tune file and converted it to a speed density tune is, then saved it as a different file, then opened up The speed density tune file and under the main primary VE table it's all zeros so I went to the stock tune file opened it up to try to copy the VE table to 100 kPA to get it to at least run and I can't find it anywhere the only thing it shows is VE low altitude and VE high altitude and all the numbers are at zero and it goes by engine speed and throttle position instead of engine speed and map pressure am I missing something here ?

Tuning Addict
    Ve table is under edit - vve... It won't help much though as it's axis are all wrong - if you have bluecat, you can input the numbers and swap the axis around then copy the individual rows as they skip every other one if memory serves and go from there...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

The 2 bar upgrade should have given him regular open/closed VE tables and removed the VVE under the edit tab but he would have to create the new numbers for the VE. That's where something like excel would come into play I think.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I have the original tune file. But I cannot find the stock ve tables anywhere in the file... am I not seeing them somewhere?? Because then couldn't I I just copy the stock VE table to 105 KPA to get it running good .

Does anyone know how to put get the stock VE table out of the original tune file ?

Senior Tuner
    it will be in the VVE scroll down the edit tab i think it is, or airflow section if u have 2 bar OS

I cannot find it. Where is the vve tab located? Under engine? It's not the 2bar os. It's the original tune download file from the stock truck.... I'm not seeing an edit tab...

Senior Tuner
    top left hand side next to where u save your file in the edit tab think it's "view coefficients " something like that it will open a new window with the VVE

Awesome thanks! I'll look in a couple hours

So effectively if I cut and paste the VVE table into the VE open loop and VE close loop tables on the 2bar OS Main VE tables it should effectively run like stock up to 100 KPA correct ? Then I could add 66% ending fuel for my 8 pounds of boost and then interplase those numbers to get a good ramp up right ? Just to get me close...?

Tuning Addict
    These aren't open and closed loop - they're open and closed intake runner controller valve / You most likely only need to alter the open table... It's really best just to make all 4 the same if you don't plan on using or have DOD... You changed the engine - the table will be completely different from what's in there right now - turbo's flow more air than an engine trying to suck air...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

I think something is being missed by some.

He has a 2 bar OS upgrade, so now the VVE is gone and the 2 new VE tables are blank. He wants to know how to populate the tables with new data.

I think he saying that he has both the stock file and the 2 bar OS he is currently trying to use and is trying to figure out how to put the stock VVE data into the 2 blank VE tables and get it to run.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Yes exactly!

Essentially the stock VE tables I should be able to copy and paste into the two bar OS VE tables and get it to run like stock to 105 kPA because that's no boost condition

I just need to get the stock VE tables out of the original tune file . I'm just about to get onto my laptop now and look

Tuning Addict
    Really? It's still open and closed runners guys - you should know this - it isn't open and closed loop!

I also covered how to put the data in in my first post - you have to use excel or bluecat!!! You can also input the data by hand, but it's a pain...

It's also not going to run like stock - covered this too - you changed the engine - air flow is different - every cell in the table will need to be changed! Good starting point sure, but will be different...
    Last edited by GHuggins; 12-10-2016 at 01:23 PM.

~Greg Huggins~

And there is only 2 tables in the two bar OS not 4 that's what the stock tune file looks like

I haven't done something like this or I'd help more but I thought I remember reading that the axis are different and need changing in a program like excel or the blue cat tool to make it work in the 2 bar VE tables.

EDIT: I never said open or closed loop, settle down. We also posted everything at once here, my comment here backs up what ghuggins said.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 12-10-2016 at 01:25 PM.