Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Stock GMC Sierra, new twin turbo kit installed, need advice and tune.

found the link, too confusing to work with. I'm copying all the data to excl and changing the tables manually, any easy way to this? what a pain in the arse

ok, so question...can you do a SD tune without going to a 2 bar os? and also kill the maf? cause if so maybe I should justreturn to the stock OS nd kill the maf and just tune the vve table for the boost?imjust looking for the simplist way to tune this thing

Yes.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuning Addict
    Here are a few pictures illustrating the VVE editor for selecting which bar format you want to use... This is a 3BAR vehicle I've already tuned so it won't look like yours persay... I may have mis-spoken or illustrated how to do this previously - you left click - not right click on the map header... It should open the base 1, 2 and 3 bar formats - I displayed the 2 bar for you in this example...

Yours is a turbo, it won't look like this one - yours should have a hump in it right where the turbo starts to spoil...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

thanks. I found that tab to change it but the map and rpm are switched, so its a pain in the butt to manually enter a bazillion numbers into the 2 bar os

Tuning Addict
    Alright - I'm starting to get tired of this... I was replying to where you previously were discussing going back to the VVE and didn't know how to change the map settings to a 2bar...

If your dead set on using the enhanced OS - here's the easiest I can possibly make it... Open bluecat / Open your stock tune files VVE table and open it up on the 2 BAR setup / In the bluecat tool - open the blank VE table - click on the Tools menu at the top of the screen / Delete out the rpm and map tables that it defaults to / In the stock tunes VVE table - click on the map and rpm axis's - highlight - right click copy and paste into the bluecat tool in the appropriate areas one at a time - hand enter commas into the numbers to designate their divisions - click update table - your bluecat table should now look identical to the table in the HPT editor - after doing this - highlight the VVE table in the editor - right click and copy / paste into the bluecat tool - go back to the VE table 3d view in the bluecat tool - it should now look just like the 3d view in the hpt editor - go back to the bluecat VE table and go back to TOOLS - click on the "axis" - change to inverted - Update Table Data once again - your VE table format should now be identical to the enhanced OS setup!!! The axis still won't be identical - you'll have to highlight and copy each rpm row that you have and paste that into the tunes VE tables then interpolate between to fill in the blank rows...

I really can't make it much easier than that to input the data...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

To the OP, I am running the factory OS on my single turbo 2011 Sierra. No need for the 2bar OS in my opinion. I am also still running my MAF.

Thanks for the info I'm working on it. Also in regards to going back to the original os., I go over passes hauling a 23ft boat going through lots of elevation differences, sticking with the 2bar OS I feel is the best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony5.3 View Post
    Thanks for the info I'm working on it. Also in regards to going back to the original os., I go over passes hauling a 23ft boat going through lots of elevation differences, sticking with the 2bar OS I feel is the best idea.
    I still don't see the need to go with the 2 bar OS as you can run the factory virtual VE up to three bar. I'm running 14lbs on it now. But to each your own.

Man I keep getting confusing information one person says I should do this the other person says I should do that it totally makes sense to stick with the stock OS because most of the information is already there and tuning would be a lot simpler I suppose but I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm slowly learning wish I could get some solid info on what is the best route for my set up ,I'm just doing a simple TwinTurbo set up running 8 to 10 pounds of boost nothing major..injectors... 2bar map ..and that's it... I haven't even got injectors yet, right now is just a bolted on TwinTurbo kit and a 2bar map sensor installed lol

Tuning Addict
    I was against it, but if your changing elevation and going pure SD - where the baro settings can throw fueling off over 10% - then I would say go with the enhanced OS upgrade... The baro update cap would be the only real reason for this though... If it were still on MAF, which I don't recommend for your usage then you could stay OE - the MAF will make up for the baro updating and keep fueling within 3 to 4 percent and sometimes less...

The VE table is going to require work, but it would have to be dialed in if your MAF anyway, Soooooo...

~Greg Huggins~

Hey TAPyvehc93 what all did you upgrade to be able to run 14lbs? Just curious to know. I was told just injectors, pump, 2bar map, plugs for 8-10lbs is this accurate? Thoughts?

Also, just an update. Truck is running👌.

Fuel pump and injectors for sure, plugs, MAP. sounds about right. Hope you don't have a 4l60 or that too.

I'm not certain because I haven't really looked but I believe it does have the 4L60E I heard they are not too bad though...

And a 10 bolt lol

10 bolt is fine, just install a detriot trutrac. That stock 4l60e is going to go out super fast. That thing wont hold 4psi. I have a 6l80e in mine.

Yeah I was doing a lot of reading last night and it sounds like upgrading the transmission is a must that sucks it's going to be another however much for me to find one and install it. Is swapping it out to a 6L80E the same as doing the swap for a 4L80E? Because a six speed would be nice