Thread: 2009 Challenger with Kenne Belle Knock Retard

Tuner in Training

2009 Challenger with Kenne Belle Knock Retard

I have a 2009 Challenger on the dyno with a Kenne Belle blower and exhaust.
    It is making decent power however I cannot seem to get rid of the Know Retard.
    I have read all of the posts and still am struggling.
    I am pretty comfortable that it is false knock as the timing is still fairly low, the dyno curve is nice and the KR is inconsistent. At one point it will pull a ton (6/8/10deg) the next time it will only pull 1 or 2. As an example the log attached only has 1 or 2 deg pulled the run before with the only difference being the engine was 10 deg cooler it pulled 6 to 10 deg and lost a ton of power.
    Am I going the correct way with the Knock Threshold and how far is reasonable.
    Is there anything else in the tune that I am missing.
    This is my first step into the Dodge however I am pretty experienced with Chevs
    Thoughts?
    Thanks

Methal_5Nov2016.hpl
    Methal_2009_Challenger_5Nov2016.hpt

Since you've got a dyno to compare, increase till you actually see real/audible/visual knock. I've had them as far as 4.1V, but each car is different so double check.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Senior Tuner
    You spraying meth on this thing? Your fueling is all over the place, bouncing from 10.8 to 12.2 every couple hundred rpms. 12.2 is way too lean, 10.8 is fairly fat. You want to target somewhere between 11.3-11.6 for a nice safe tune. Those inconsistent lean spikes will certainly give you knock one time then not that next.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you

This gives me some reassurance on the sensor threshold.

There is no meth
    The AF log is unfiltered with the Autronic meter on the dyno it is stable. Although I would like to see it fatten up quicker on tip in, what drives this.
    Last edited by TurboCamaro; 11-08-2016 at 10:06 AM.