Thread: Anyway to fix the extreme lean conditon on initial WOT

Anyway to fix the extreme lean conditon on initial WOT

Ive noticed when I transfer to WOT there is a lean condition for just a second or two, which to some degree i would expect but it seems to affect the launch of this car. My wide band took a crap on me last night and i know the narrowband o2s arent a good measurement of anything at WOT, but it still shows up. Attached is a screenshot of what im talking about. Seems the car bogs and doesnt pick up until it gets out of that condition as well. For note, ignore the Wideband error or what its reading, it was unplugged at that time.

LEANWOT.jpg

I might be able to help if a wot run was shown?

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Like a log file? That screenshot was WOT. I realized after the fact for some reason the MAP doesnt have the right value increments if thats confusing.

Here is the actual log from said screenshot

LEANRUN.hpl

0 out your throttle spark and increase your PE enrichment ratio.

Seems like it also has a lot to do with timing.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

My throttle rate tables are already 0

Is this the PE table you are speaking of?
    PE.jpg

Also since you speak of spark, here is my current WOT table.
    WOTspk.png

Senior Tuner
    The FA Increase table needs to be INCREASED from stock. that is how fast the ECU ramps in or out fuel. The tables he is referring to are the tip in spark.
    Jaime

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    The FA Increase table needs to be INCREASED from stock. that is how fast the ECU ramps in or out fuel. The tables he is referring to are the tip in spark.
    I have this same issue, lean at tip in, my stock increase rate is 0.01000, what would be a good value to increase to? Takes about 1 full second or about 750rpms at the hit to get to my target AFR.

Yeah i agree with 06300CSRT8. Seems to really bog my car until it hits the target, so I have to ask as well, whats the figure on how much to change that value?

Also unless im just overlooking it, I see no table labled tip in spark

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bkg06gto View Post
    Yeah i agree with 06300CSRT8. Seems to really bog my car until it hits the target, so I have to ask as well, whats the figure on how much to change that value?

Also unless im just overlooking it, I see no table labled tip in spark

Its Throttle Rate Spark.

Oh ok. Yeah its 0 out. But the FA enrichment is what im talking about as well

Senior Tuner
    I have a stock Whipple tune and they use 0.0251 as the increase, so about double the stock value.

Seems odd that i drop to -10 spark as well

Senior Tuner
    That's torque management kicking in, youll go as low as your Min Spark TqRed table

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    I have this same issue, lean at tip in, my stock increase rate is 0.01000, what would be a good value to increase to? Takes about 1 full second or about 750rpms at the hit to get to my target AFR.
    I'll have to look back, but I think I tend to use 0.05 in most of the cars I do.The"Manifold Volume" is also in play if you change to a Maggie or KB style SC. Custom intake also.
    Jaime

Senior Tuner
    yea that manifold volume setting is total bewilderment to me, as its meant to compensate all transient fueling, etc. But when it comes to a roots or twin screw, I am 100% whatever modeling the PCM knows for a given volume is entirely inaccurate, as it is modeled for NA. When I crack the throttle, my 2.9L blower goes from having a huge time delay between air entering the throttle body to hitting the back of the valves to basically ZERO delay, 21psi builds in a matter of a half a second.