Thread: Ghost cam stalling issues

Advanced Tuner

Ghost cam stalling issues

Hello, I am having some issues with a ghost cam on a 13 F-150 5.0. I tried to copy the data for the ghost cam from a mustang tune i had but the mustang tunes seem to be quite different. Finally after trying out different settings i got a nice lopey idle once it is stable. I am having trouble with the truck stalling. Driving seems to be good(could still be better) but in park/neutral when i rev the engine it comes down a little low then comes back up and then stalls. Anyone can help me out with this? What tables do i need to adjust for that. Ill include the current tune as far as i am right now.11. ghost cam stalling.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Possibly try lowering your idle ETC vs airflow values so you have less air per angle, to help the vaccum loss of overlap(looks like you kinda did this already). Then increase(more likely decrease) your driver demand(to increase the highest effective TB area at idle), using a math ratio of your desired air mass from torque control vs MAF sensor reading, in the low throttle/ idle RPM areas to compensate for the rapid up and down of load form lope. The goal here would be to get the desired air mass above the peak of the MAF values at idle.
    Last edited by murfie; 10-13-2016 at 01:16 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok thanks. Seems like i figured it out with your recommendations.

Tuner in Training
    how did your tune work after doing murfies mods to it? i have a friend that would like a ghost cam tune in his f150 as well.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm sure spending more time with it, it could be left even better but it worked pretty good. Just take your time and see what works. Apparently the f150's need more overlap in order to give it a rough idle. I used the same cam position values from another mustang i did and the f150 still idled near stock. First see how much overlap you like and then adjust the idle rpm, airflow, timing and so on from there.

Tuner in Training

Ghost Cam

Quote Originally Posted by askkmb View Post
    Hello, I am having some issues with a ghost cam on a 13 F-150 5.0. I tried to copy the data for the ghost cam from a mustang tune i had but the mustang tunes seem to be quite different. Finally after trying out different settings i got a nice lopey idle once it is stable. I am having trouble with the truck stalling. Driving seems to be good(could still be better) but in park/neutral when i rev the engine it comes down a little low then comes back up and then stalls. Anyone can help me out with this? What tables do i need to adjust for that. Ill include the current tune as far as i am right now.11. ghost cam stalling.hpt
    Do you have a copy of the tune you used for the mustang GT 5.0? Im looking for one to use on my 2016. But cannot find one.

Quote Originally Posted by jandylee070601 View Post
    Do you have a copy of the tune you used for the mustang GT 5.0? Im looking for one to use on my 2016. But cannot find one.
    you would have to do the ghost cam tune much differently on the 2016

Tuner
    any body got a file on an o6 4.6

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by stick8555 View Post
    any body got a file on an o6 4.6
    No such thing as mentioned in your other thread.

Potential Tuner
    Do you have the file?