Thread: Speedo and shift points on monster truck - 26:1 ratio

Tuner in Training

Speedo and shift points on monster truck - 26:1 ratio

Have a hummer with a 4l60 (lol)
    6.5 gears in the diffs
    4:1 in the transfer case
    63" tires

Problem is the max settings in the speedo calibration is 253,000 pulses/mile.
    The tire/gear wizard won't let you put anything near these values in the fields.

If I max out Trans rev/mile, Ratio, and VSS per mile manually I at least get movement on the needle. GPS the truck tops out about 50mph (terrifying) and the speedo gets to about 30.

Problem is shifts are tough to nail down with such a small mph window. If it spins then things are even worse.

Looking for suggestions. Has anyone overridden the max values on the speedo settings?

If nothing else I'll go back out tonight and try to get it to just shift from rpm and not mph.

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Went back out last night. I hadn't quite maxed the individual speedo fields so went ahead and raised them the rest of the way. Speedo was actually sort of close.
    Broke a driveshaft but the tranny lives. The ridiculous gearing eases the stress on it.

Did what I said above. Lowered the mph shift points to something ridiculous and got it to shift fine.

Top of 1st was @ 15mph - commanded 1-2 at like 9mph to get to shift.
    Top of 2nd was @ 35mph - commanded 2-3 at like 28mph to get to shift.

Would still be curious if anyone has overridden those. Always afraid of the "this may fry your pcm" changes.