Thread: airmass g/cyl

Advanced Tuner

airmass g/cyl

My oem tables for spark timing, etc show values for airmass g/cyl, and the row values go up to 1.24

It seems that at the moment, my logs go beyond this, currently as high as 1.5, and this is at mid rpm's. Haven't gone much higher yet. Am I out to lunch, thinking that power must be increasing if I am at higher numbers?

In my latest logs, I have a chart that shows engine torque sensor vs rpm vs airmass. when I added higher airmass values, torque showed hidden values of well over 700 ft. lbs.

am I missing the boat here, again?

thx
    2003 MY Z06 3.3 liter whipple ...sold at around 1000 rwhp
    wip 2015 Silverado w/2.9 Whipple (phase 1 completed) phase 2 in the works

Post your log and tune please.....are you using the correct airmass...if speed density, have you removed the MAF from your channel selects?

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    I'm in maf disabled open loop, no lt or stft's, but I am logging maf hertz.

do I need to remove thatfrom my channels?

thx

Quote Originally Posted by rjw View Post
    I'm in maf disabled open loop, no lt or stft's, but I am logging maf hertz.

do I need to remove thatfrom my channels?

thx
    You should remove the MAF airflow channel (don't need Hz either) and in its place, add Dynamic Airflow channel. Then from the Dynamic airflow, use this new math parameter for your Dynamic Cylinder Charge (DCA) g/cyl.

Any logs and tune?

Ed M
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    so, I am going to read dynamic airflow in grams, but versus what in a graph? a bit confused...thx

Use that as the cylinder airmass axis

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Use that as the cylinder airmass axis
    right now, I have a graph with rpm in the colums and pressure ratio in the rows. when I log, the user math dca fills the boxes with grams.

How do I interpretthis so as to tune vve or maf or whatever?

thx btw: maybe I'll figure it out after re-reading the thread in the gen4 section..right now, I am trying to put a lid on this tune!!

I can run open loop, no lt or st trims, maf enabled from as low as 1000 rpm, or failed, and things run well afr wise. with stft's enabled, 95% of the time, I see no more than MAYBE + or - 3 to 4.

I think that it's close enough for government work.

what;'s left, is tweaking dd, spark and SOI... AND the truck runs great already....just need to clean up some loose ends and I am returning to my cave , 1500 miles away in 3 days

so, no pressure, right?