Thread: E67 with 2101 code and goes into reduced power

Tuner in Training

E67 with 2101 code and goes into reduced power

I have a GM performance harness and ECU with a LS3 and Maggie that is giving me a 2101 code. I emailed support however they told me to post on the forum because they sent me a file back that added the 1516 positive and negative values with no change in how the car behaved. I've saved it an performed a write entire with each change I did yet nothing seems to change. So far I've inspected the TB, tried a spare test TB and no luck. It is the LS3 "gold blade" no obstructions either.

The first log file showed the TPS only at 63% opening through the pull which is why I changed it. Now it shows 88% but the same thing occurs. I'll attach the last file and log to see if anyone has run across this issue.

Thanks in advance,
    William
    Attached Files Attached Files

Which code is the car setting after the P1516 changes?

Tuner in Training
    2101 code only on hard pulls.

increase the P2101 thresholds, the P2101 and P1516 are identical tests. P2101 performed by the main processor and P1516 performed by the 2nd processor.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuning Addict
    I don't recommend actual 40% settings in there - you can make things worse... At least from what I've seen... Set the P1516 and P2101 settings to 12 percent - this is still way over the 40% increase HPT recommends starting with...

I'm wondering if you don't have a harness terminal crimp issue myself?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuning Addict
    Sorry - You beat me to it
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

also, at very high boost/airflows the throttle body motor isn't always strong enough to hold the throttle open, especially if it starts to oscillate and flap around.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuning Addict
    Not sure what motor assembly Nick is using, but he does have a fix for that... Haven't looked at the log either to see if that's actually what's going on - will check shortly...

Didn't see throttle flapping - in fact not entirely sure why it's setting the codes?
    Last edited by GHuggins; 08-26-2016 at 06:17 PM.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    I started increasing it 10% on the P2101 playing around with it and increasing it also with no change so I returned it back down. At 30% it still flagged a code 1516 but not after I put it at 40% for some reason. Originally I had those values much lower on the P1516 and tried testing it. The only thing I did not change is the P2101 negative value of 69107ppm. I believe with the maggie the TB is flipped as well so has anyone played with the P2101 negative side of it? I've jacked with it for about the last 4hrs with zero luck.
    The problem is I really don't a huge difference in pedal position and actual throttle value so I guess I'm not seeing how it gets it's values. I would assume that the 2101 is a equation between either map or maf for the ppm portion on the negative values. I was really hoping that the TB was faulty or something was binding on opening.
    I've only run into this issue on an LSA with a ported LS3 TB but putting the stock TB back on it worked flawless.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks again for the responses guy. BTW the boost is less than 7psi

Tuning Addict
    This usually only happens when the throttle correlation is way off - are you using the correct pedal assembly with the kit? I'm still wondering if you have a crimp issue somewhere in that harness - common even with OE vehicles and stock setups...

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    I started digging into that also looking even at pin retention everything appears to be solid. Do you think that it would be safe to assume that the electronics in the actual TAC would be stronger on the negative pull than the positive push for the TB its self? Maybe I'm reaching here but since the TB is flipped for the maggie I'm wondering if switching to an LSA throttle body would solve the issue but I would have thought others would have run into issues as well. If that's the case you would think they would offer different TB set ups. IDK just grasping for ideas. I have never actually put a TB on the bench and played with it.

Quote Originally Posted by cobill1972 View Post
    I started digging into that also looking even at pin retention everything appears to be solid. Do you think that it would be safe to assume that the electronics in the actual TAC would be stronger on the negative pull than the positive push for the TB its self? Maybe I'm reaching here but since the TB is flipped for the maggie I'm wondering if switching to an LSA throttle body would solve the issue but I would have thought others would have run into issues as well. If that's the case you would think they would offer different TB set ups. IDK just grasping for ideas. I have never actually put a TB on the bench and played with it.
    Did you resolve this?