Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do not attempt scanner crank relearn!!!!

There was never any issue.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    one of the customer car has this issue I tried to solve it by hp but its keeping show this code, we tried by sct and its fixed!
    I believe sct crank relearn and dtc clear its more dependability then hp

Tuning Addict
    I would like to say this - I had one setting the crank learn not performed dtc... HPT would not learn it... IDS Ford software would not learn it... SCT did? I have no idea of the difference, but even Fords software wouldn't work at the same time HPT's wasn't... If memory serves - SCT gave different instructions - perhaps that was key? I thought I would be smart and used an after market scanner to perform the learn initially - It was what caused the DTC to set originally and would not perform the relearn either, but it was using a rip off of Ford's IDS software, so guess that's why it wouldn't work? Just found it interesting the SCT worked when none of the others would...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Add me to the list of people now with the p0315 hard code that will not clear. Happened the same way as OP. Never had such a code, only did it because I cleaned the crank sensor due to the clutch I'm using (RXT) and installed the updated o- ring while I was at it. Car started right up no codes, nothing, drove around, nothing. Then I decided it won't hurt to do the relearn, wrong. Set off the code immediately.

I've tried clearing the code wih HPT, won't do it. Tried the relearn again with HPtuners, says completed but code remains.

I also tried using SCTx4 to clear and do relearn. No go. Ford IDS is a no go either.

I have used both sctx4 and the Ford IDS in the past for the relearn with success. But now this code is locked on and will not come off.

What's the solution HPT? All these cases are not a coincidence.
    Last edited by Blueprint; 02-18-2017 at 07:57 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueprint View Post
    Add me to the list of people now with the p0315 hard code that will not clear. Happened the same way as OP. Never had such a code, only did it because I cleaned the crank sensor due to the clutch I'm using (RXT) and installed the updated o- ring while I was at it. Car started right up no codes, nothing, drove around, nothing. Then I decided it won't hurt to do the relearn, wrong. Set off the code immediately.

I've tried clearing the code wih HPT, won't do it. Tried the relearn again with HPtuners, says completed but code remains.

I also tried using SCTx4 to clear and do relearn. No go. Ford IDS is a no go either.

I have used both sctx4 and the Ford IDS in the past for the relearn with success. But now this code is locked on and will not come off.

What's the solution HPT? All these cases are not a coincidence.
    I flashed my tune again and the code went away. IIRC the Cel would not clear for me either, but I ended up flashing my same tune back on and it went away.

Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    I flashed my tune again and the code went away. IIRC the Cel would not clear for me either, but I ended up flashing my same tune back on and it went away.

I'll give that a shot.

Also on the list is to load a stock tune, do relearn, then re load custom tune. I saw someone mentioned that also in this thread.

Advanced Tuner
    I'll give that a shot.

Also on the list is to load a stock tune, do relearn, then re load custom tune. I saw someone mentioned that also in this thread.
    When I did my relearn in the video I had the same tune on, but there was a CEL on with no codes when scanned. I flashed the tune again and it went away

Alright so here is my personal fix for the code p0315 code that was stuck on the car after the HPT crank relearn. Which neither HPT, Ford IDS, SCT x4 could erase. I have used the Ford IDS and X4 previously on this car after built engine and clutch replacements without issue so I know they work. However after HPT set the hard code it would not erase.

After some suggestions from members.

I tried:

Ford IDS = nothing
    X4 = nothing
    Reloading tune = same code
    Stock coyote tune and back to my tune= same code

Unfortunately I did not have my stock file on hand. So I licensed a stock coyote file,
    from the repository. I had to also adjust all my injector values because the car would not start until I did so (large injectors). Once the car started, HPT would still not clear the code. So I plugged in my x4 and did relearn voila code now gone, relearn also successful.
    Last edited by Blueprint; 02-26-2017 at 02:27 AM.

Well it continues......

Buddy wanted his new 14 GT tuned'. Tuned it. For shits and giggles, tried the relearn on the car, no codes or anything prior to testing relearn. After relearn.......up pops the same hard code that I got.

Something is up. Not even HPtuners could clear the code either. I had to reload his stock file and use his SCTx4 he has and that did the trick.
    Last edited by Blueprint; 03-06-2017 at 01:22 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I am also having the same issue. Unfortunately I don't have access to a another device for my car.

Tuner
    flash stock file, then do the crank relearn. At least that's what resolved my issues.

Not sure how all these cars have this issue when using HPT. Yet HPT claims to have never run into this issue and it works fine.

Not sure how all these cars have this issue when using HPT. Yet HPT claims to have never run into this issue and it works fine.
    We are investigating. I have used the function on numerous cars without issue though.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    It worked on mine, this thread was actually the reason I made a video it, to capture any issue that could happen should it happen. How ever my relearn went off with out a issue. I think there was a store code that wouldn't clear and flashing the ECM with the same tune again made it go away

Tuner
    Wondering if the difference is attempting a relearn with stock cam timing versus modified cam timing?

Guys having problems did you attempt the relearn with a modified cam timing tune?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Plimmer View Post
    Wondering if the difference is attempting a relearn with stock cam timing versus modified cam timing?

Guys having problems did you attempt the relearn with a modified cam timing tune?
    mine did not have stock VCT OP angles...botht he X and Y axis were modified along with the values themselves for the intake and exhaust cam, Map 0-14 however were stock values.

Was this ever looked into and corrected? Have a few customers that will need it done here soon. Would be nice not to have to jump through hoops to get it to work for each car.

Do I need to email support??
    Have a few cars lined up that will need this done. Don't want to be stuck again..........

Potential Tuner
    I've tried a few options and haven't been able to rectify mine as well. Unfortunately my car won't run on the stock tune so I can even try that to see if it works. I hope a solution is found soon.

Creeping up on a year since this was brought to light. Quite a few people have run into this issue throughout that course of time.

Hptuners has said they will look into it. However there has been no solution, or response even when I have tried contacting hptuners. I think that's a bit ridiculous. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to do this simple relearn task, not only that but you would think with the amount of elapsed time they would have corrected something like this, especially with the coyote platform being as new and popular as it is.

I couldn't imagine running a shop, and having to rely on my hptuners for this. Seriously still in the dark coming up on a year.