Thread: Startup idle control

Potential Tuner

Startup idle control

Hi guys newbie here and to tuning.

I have a 98 k3500 with a 350 an 0411 pcm and an 02 express base tune, that I had starting and running normal, I built a 383 and changed the cylinder displacement and injector sizes in the tune. It runs pretty good it just wont start without throttle pressure applied. once it starts and runs for a few seconds it idles fine in park and in gear, A/C on or off. it just refuses to start without cracking the throttle open. warm or cold doesnt really make a difference. every once in a while it will start when cold but idles at 2-300 rpm until it finally picks up and idles normal. I have replaced the used injectors with a reman'd set and the problem still persists. please tell me where to look.

I have searched the site and not been able to find out how to change the idle during startup/cranking.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.crewcab 383.hpt
    Last edited by superspirit; 08-19-2016 at 06:38 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Nobody has any Ideas?

Advanced Tuner
    Hi,

There are several guides to initial idle setup (which is what you need) on the site, make a search.. I use one by Krambo & rinkrat, (think I spelt that right) it's in the stickies if I recall... there are others as well, they're all quite similar.

Also you could search for RussK idle config threads or info.

kr D.

Hopefully you changed all the injector data ok, seems from posts like there are often errors in that...
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.