Thread: Scanner stuff that does not work for me

Scanner stuff that does not work for me

Maybe these are things that can be updated or there is some setting that I can't figure out.

Can't slide graph to right to check MAF trims (or any graph that extends beyond the edge of the screen)while scanner is running. Keeps snapping back to the left.
    If I want to look at what my trims are doing at 6500 Hz, I can't do it without stopping the scanner.

The scanner won't update IM monitors automatically. Must keep clicking "Read DTCs" button. That's pretty hard to do while driving. 2.24 auto updated every few minutes. I spend a LOT of time trying to get Monitors to run in order to get cars to pass the California SMOG test.

When trying to highlight and copy a section of the MAF vs LTFT graph, or any MAF based graph that extends beyond the border of the screen it goes extremely slow. Not smooth like in 2.24
    It took 25 seconds to highlight from 2100 Hz to 10050 Hz on an 08 Corvette. Once it gets to the edge of the screen it takes forever for the graph to move left. The editor does not do this. It's almost instant.
    Yes, I can highlight a particular box then hit shift and highlight another box to copy what's in between but I don't want to do that. I want to be able to slide left and right at will like before.

What happened to the "load all data" and "clear all data" buttons? Can't clear a graph without stopping the scanner. If I'm scanning and reset the fuel trims, I can't get rid of the old data without stopping and restarting the scanner.

Thanks
    A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
    477 LAMBERT ST
    OXNARD CA 93036
    WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
    SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

[email protected] 805- 278 4107 Toll Free- 1 888 VETTEPRO

Agree on everything except the last one. Doubt that one will be coming back.

Easiest way I've found to do it is to just hit space bar twice. That will stop/re-start logging and start you back at 0
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Senior Tuner
    agree on all except for third. Haven't seen that.

I would really like at least a clear all data button. Almost daily I'd want to throw away data and start over in a drive or on the dyno. Can't do it with the new version without stopping and starting the log again. Haven't done a real time car yet but couldn't imagine how you would? I used to apply my fuel trims, knock, etc. then clear the histogram to start over again. How would you do it now that you couldn't clear the histograms on the fly?
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

These small things are things we'll have to continue to improve upon in future versions.

Clear all data won't be coming back. Change your view to visible data only, and you can get very narrow or very broad with the data used to populate your graphs. It's a much more powerful way than the 2.x version of doing things.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    These small things are things we'll have to continue to improve upon in future versions.

Clear all data won't be coming back. Change your view to visible data only, and you can get very narrow or very broad with the data used to populate your graphs. It's a much more powerful way than the 2.x version of doing things.

That will not help especially in the case of RTT tuning. Think about it.. Record some fuel trims, apply them, how would you set visible data from that point forward? I very much like the visible data but unless we have better controls on when the data window starts/stops it does not help. Can you make it at least where we can drag the beginning and end of the "visible data" where we need them. While I'm thinking of it I don't think you can manipulate visible data while your scanning..Tuning while scanning is the whole point of RTT.

Thanks for the help so far. I appreciate the patience. I know it must seem like everyone is picking on the new version but we are all in it to help make it everything 2.24 was + more. I use HPT between 30-40 hours a week, it's likely inevitable that the seasoned users use things that you guys didn't think where very important in 2.24.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

The inability to highlight stuff easily from a MAF histogram is pretty annoying. I wish we could just turn off tracking cells (like you could in RTT tables in 2.24).

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    The inability to highlight stuff easily from a MAF histogram is pretty annoying. I wish we could just turn off tracking cells (like you could in RTT tables in 2.24).
    Yes please with lots of cherries on top

We need an auto tracking on/off switch... Pisses me off when I'm doing final drivability and try to look at the last cell hit and it automatically jumps back to where ever it's currently at...

Thank You...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Senior Tuner
    yes.. good one..

Also, in the charts only the top left cell will highlight everything. can we get it to work with rows/columns also. So for example... grab 400 - 1400 RPM by the labels. It works in the editor but not in the scanner. It worked in 2.24 also.

Untitled.png
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Agree on everything except the last one. Doubt that one will be coming back.

Easiest way I've found to do it is to just hit space bar twice. That will stop/re-start logging and start you back at 0
    If you: "reset the fuel trims" while scanning why would you want to keep any of the old fuel trim data? Valid point, At least this data should clear automatically.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires