Thread: 2011 mustang gt trans tuning issues

Tuner in Training

2011 mustang gt trans tuning issues

finally got a good base in the car and was able to do some WOT pulls, i locked the trans in 4th and commanded my convertor locked at 25mph. Tune seems fine other than a little shallow on the timing for now and some correction on the fueling. The problem im having is with the trans. tuning. i cannot get it to stop closing the throttle on the shifts and after the third gear shift it wont open the throttle any more. car is a 8 psi whipple car with stock motor and stock trans and an aftermarket convertor. i have no idea where to start now. what do i need to log to see whats happening?

wotshifting6r80.hplwotshifting6r80.hpl

Tuner in Training
    here is a copy of the tune and factory backup
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jmstekguy; 08-17-2016 at 09:17 PM.

Tuner in Training
    So here is the file that i left in the car, and at no amount of change to shift rpm or rpm limit, pressure... makes a difference. i have triple checked the speedo settings and n/v settings, i keep hitting the rpm limit as seen in the previous log. am i missing something in the file? really lost here...

2011 mustang gt
    stock 6r80 trans with 2400 stall circle d convertor
    stock motor whipple supercharger 8 psi
    3.73 gears

2011whipplegtrev17.hpt
    2011whipplefactorybackup.hpt

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    non-shift torque bring that up
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for taking a look at it. I will try that today. just spent alot of time learning this copperhead platform and man is it different than the older ford stuff. I really appreciate it.

Tuner in Training
    Same issue, on the log i can see the torque source is hitting "rpm limit" so i tried increasing the rpm limit to 7500 to see if it was just close to the limiter, and it went right to 7500 and hit the same rpm limit. I have tried reducing all the Wot rpm shift points to 6000 to see if it would reduce the shift point, no go. tried reducing the upshift schedule by reducing the 1-2 gear shift to 30mph and it still acceeds the mph set point for the upshift and goes to the limiter. here is a log of the upshift in first gear when it hits the limiter. Is it possible that i need to adjust something in the convertor settings for the aftermarket convertor? i assumed that if the rpm and mph is set that it would use one or the other (whichever comes first) for the shift. Starting to think there might be something wrong with the trans mechanically?

wotshifting6r801stgear.hpl

Tuner in Training
    Can we log input shaft/output shaft speed difference (convertor slip) almost seems that the convertor is flaring up.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    disable antic shift
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    disable antic shift

already tried that in the last revision, no change

Tuner in Training
    2011whipplegtrev20.hpt here is the latest flash

try maxing your shift torque reduction tables.

Tuner in Training
    found out after some testing that it was blowing through the convertor, the throttle shutoff is directly related to meeting the rpm limit. i drove it on the street and it seems like it loose. going to log the convertor slip and see if thats the case or if its trans related.

I sometimes 0 out the desired tcc desired slip tables and tcc steady slip tables on decent sized converters. helps a bunch