Thread: 2011 mustang gt, 6r80 dyno testing

Tuner in Training

2011 mustang gt, 6r80 dyno testing

Hey guys, how are you locking the convertor and holding 4th gear for testing? i thought there was a switch in the scanner, but i only see a crank relearn and kam reset,

thanks, any help would be appreciated.

Tuner in Training
    ok, i found the gear enable switch in the editor. any word if this also locks the convertor or does that have to be commanded via MPH in 4th?

Quote Originally Posted by jmstekguy View Post
    Hey guys, how are you locking the convertor and holding 4th gear for testing? i thought there was a switch in the scanner, but i only see a crank relearn and kam reset,

thanks, any help would be appreciated.

I believe you just set the speed to an unattainable speed for the 5th and 6th upshift. Set the WOT RPM for 5th and 6th to something unattainable and then set the TCC lock speed for 4th to a fairly low speed.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrooks98 View Post
    I believe you just set the speed to an unattainable speed for the 5th and 6th upshift. Set the WOT RPM for 5th and 6th to something unattainable and then set the TCC lock speed for 4th to a fairly low speed.
    This is how I have done it in the past with Auto's, just set up the upshift speed and RPM to something not attainable, also to be safe do the same for the downshift, something like 5mph would be fine. Just be sure to flash the car with a a file that doesn't have these changes done afterwards.