Thread: Tuning Newbie 1 Bar Map with boost

Tuner in Training

Tuning Newbie 1 Bar Map with boost

My brother and I are new to tuning. Long story, we pretty much had no choice but to learn to do this ourselves since the nearest tuners are 2 hours away and it has been impossible to schedule tuning time with them. We are supposed to have our rigs on a trailer in two days to drive 8 hours to the Oregon coast. He has a 5.3 with zo6 cam that we put a TVS1900 supercharger on from an LSA. We have a wideband and have started tuning using AFR error %. We started with idle and unloaded revving to 3500 RPM. Then we moved to light load cruising. We are still working on this. My question is, what happens when we reach the end of the KPA scale on the VE table? We would like to keep this 1 bar MAF tune since this is a 4X4 that will see elevations ranging from sea level all the way to mountain elevations of 7,000 feet. My other question is, we are using LSA/LS9 injectors. I changed the IFR rate to the 52lbs that I calculated from the CTS-V tune. What other important injector information needs to be figured out that will affect the tune. I have done so much reading and information cramming in a very short amount of time, my head is going to explode and the bad part is our deadline. Any help would be extremely appreciated! Thank you.

Tuner in Training
    Bump, Does anyone have any input? Thanks

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    1) exceeding the axis will either a: shut the fuel off until the pressure returns to a value on the fuel table or b: use the last value on teh table which gives you horrible results.
    your barometric pressure sensor is the one that corrects for your elevation not a map sensor.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman