Thread: Knok clarification

Knok clarification

I know that this has been covered a thousand times but I read roughly 30 pages back that positive knock retard is good and negative is bad, however I thought positive was bad and negative is good, ie adding timing. Is the information I read outdated or am I wrong?

Excuse the title typo, I'm using my cellphone.
    2013 Roush stage 3
    Pypes cat delete
    Tuned by me.

Positive bad. Negative good.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueprint View Post
    Positive bad. Negative good.
    Thats what i thought, but that post from earlier had me worried lol. Thanks!!
    2013 Roush stage 3
    Pypes cat delete
    Tuned by me.

Advanced Tuner
    The confusion comes from the fact that when the first 2.25 beta came out, positive was good, negative was bad. They have since changed it to the more logical positive is bad and negative is good.

Be careful. Some strategies are backwards still. I tuned a 3v car recently where it was backwards. Email support and let them know if this is the case.
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS: RGR 322 3v - JPC Intake - Vortech YSi-B - Magnum T56 XL - Built 8.8 - Full Suspension
    2008 Ford Shelby GT500: VMP Gen 2 - ATI 15% - SCJ TB - Full Bassani Exhaust - Full Suspension - Upper Pulley - Meth Injection - JLT 127mm

This is the case, however I failed to mention I was refering to coyotes.

Quote Originally Posted by TuneRS View Post
    This is the case, however I failed to mention I was refering to coyotes.
    2011+ Fords will use the negative KR value to mean the PCM is adding timing.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    2011+ Fords will use the negative KR value to mean the PCM is adding timing.

Eric do you know if this is also true for the nGauge `knockr`? negative value == adding timing, positive value == removing timing?

Quote Originally Posted by esacteksab View Post
    Eric do you know if this is also true for the nGauge `knockr`? negative value == adding timing, positive value == removing timing?
    my ngauge confirms this is correct