Thread: Help with lean tip in issues 2005 mustang GT

Potential Tuner

Help with lean tip in issues 2005 mustang GT

*** Yes i did search trough the forum for any thread that could help me but Nothing did help me since every time the thread goes off subjects ***

Hi , first of all sorry for my bad English i speak french i am from quebec canada.

I am actually having an issue with my car. Here is the problem. I have a 2005 mustang gt with procharger P1sc1 head unit. 60 lbs frpp injectors Comp Cam stage 2 blower cam Anderson power pipe Ford racing Dual fuel pump AEM water meth injection.

When the car is cold and i give a slight throttle increase i have a lean tip in. The wide band shows a 18 to 19.5 ( +-) and then goes back to normal. It does that until the car reach is temps wich is 190?. I have absolutly no issues whatsoever for the WOT part. Car goes directly to 11.7. I have been told that it could be with the transient fuel tables. But actually i have no idea what ?? Maths ?? to use to correct those table , and of course wich table do i have to modify. I tune my own car since 4 or 5 years but since i have installed these new camshaft and these injectors i have that issue.
    If you could give me any pointers or directions it would be highly appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Alexandre.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foxsetup View Post
    *** Yes i did search trough the forum for any thread that could help me but Nothing did help me since every time the thread goes off subjects ***

Hi , first of all sorry for my bad English i speak french i am from quebec canada.

I am actually having an issue with my car. Here is the problem. I have a 2005 mustang gt with procharger P1sc1 head unit. 60 lbs frpp injectors Comp Cam stage 2 blower cam Anderson power pipe Ford racing Dual fuel pump AEM water meth injection.

When the car is cold and i give a slight throttle increase i have a lean tip in. The wide band shows a 18 to 19.5 ( +-) and then goes back to normal. It does that until the car reach is temps wich is 190?. I have absolutly no issues whatsoever for the WOT part. Car goes directly to 11.7. I have been told that it could be with the transient fuel tables. But actually i have no idea what ?? Maths ?? to use to correct those table , and of course wich table do i have to modify. I tune my own car since 4 or 5 years but since i have installed these new camshaft and these injectors i have that issue.
    If you could give me any pointers or directions it would be highly appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Alexandre.
    The best way for us to help you is for you to post up your tune and log.

Potential Tuner
    so after MANY try and errors i have figured it out. It definitly was related to the Transient fuel tables. Since i am using an x brand tuner ( not a hptuner) i was a little shy to ask for any help from anyone in here but desperate cause need desperate mesure. since the X brand have a terrible forum wich haven't been updated since 2007 i was hoping that someone here ever had the issue that i had ( wich was the case ) to help me or at least give me any pointers in the right direction. Anyways after all the research that i have done here i am really impress by the quality of the HPtuners and very looking forward to one day, when the budget will be there, switch from the brand that i actually have to yours.
    Thank you
    alex

What did you end up changing?
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS: RGR 322 3v - JPC Intake - Vortech YSi-B - Magnum T56 XL - Built 8.8 - Full Suspension
    2008 Ford Shelby GT500: VMP Gen 2 - ATI 15% - SCJ TB - Full Bassani Exhaust - Full Suspension - Upper Pulley - Meth Injection - JLT 127mm