Thread: Long shot: Chance of getting missing fuel map tables mapped out for 3800?

Potential Tuner

Long shot: Chance of getting missing fuel map tables mapped out for 3800?

I honestly havent used my HPtuners for a whole lot like I had planned when purchasing it. I have mostly continued to use other tuning suites that I had fully unlocked already for 3800s. I figured with HPtuners being the only current and relevant tuning suite that supports 3800s, it may be worth it to ask here: is there a chance of having missing fuel map tables mapped? I would undoubtedly begin using it for myself and customers if so.

After tuning older Nissans for 3 years straight (80s to mid 90s) it actually pains me to come back and try to tune in my car and a few locals. Tuning in the MAF table just seems so backwards vs loading the correct maf curve and then going to town modifying a fuel map.

Maybe? Maybe not?

GM's use the MAF as the "fueling map" basically.

Even on the LS motors, it's still a matter of +/- to the VE or MAF curve to dial in fueling once you have a commanded AFR set. I don't see any other way they add more fueling tables because of how they are setup from the factory.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I lived in Japan for three years and touched a GM ECU for the first time in a long time today. Ive tuned a couple hundred 3800s, a good handful of Trans Ams/Camaros, some trucks, and a handful of C5s.

Compared to old old Nissan ECUs that Ive been tuning on Skylines, Z32s, Silvias (etc) it just feels wrong to pull up my bin editors/HP Tuners and edit the MAF table... and archaic? I dont know. I dont know how else to put it.