Thread: Datalog noob

Tuner in Training

Datalog noob

So i finally got to start it today. Its an 5.3 706 ported heads ls1 intake valves and 216/220 on a 111lsa here is a little data log. Can someone point me in the right direction to getting started on tuning this. This would be the first i have ever tuned. Thanks ls build first.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    you are not logging enough parameters there is nothing in the channels list for o2 sensors. and the list goes on you Need to setup your scanner correctly to tune correctly, look for some layouts through search that should get you started. This thing is going to need a full on balls deep tune. not exactly an easy task especially for a beginner. i would suggest enlisting the help of someone in your area that has experience tuning heads/cam ls combos if possible. Is there a wideband installed on the vehicle yet?

Tuner in Training
    No with be installing one this weekend. I have to pull the tranny this weekend some how the barbell did not get installed on the engine so im not building any oil pressure. But from reading around it seems like its going to be deep into tuning this thing. I may bite off more than i can chew

Tuner in Training
    I would stop running the engine until you have the oil pressure issue resolved. the 4.8 I have hits 50+ psi at cranking..