Thread: 2007 Saleen, low on power on street

Advanced Tuner

2007 Saleen, low on power on street

Customer brought in a 07 Saleen S281 w/ the factory supercharger. It had been tuned previously by another shop. He said it wasn't running right. Found one of the cats melted. Installed Dynatech L/T w/ cats.

The MAF curve looked awful. I retuned it only really changing the MAF curve and took some timing out. Car dyno'd high, like 480/440 and has 420ft lbs at 3500.

Gave the car back, customer comes back a couple days later saying that before the headers and my tune he could spin the tires 1st to 3rd gears.

After I tune a car I don't normally go out and beat the shit out it. He brought it back today and he is right, it will spin through 1st but not blow the tires off and when you hit 2nd it stops spinning. The tires on the back are Potenza's, it's not a drag radial or anything like that.

I did another one of these cars a couple months ago that made about the same power. I called him today and asked him if he had beat on his car. He said it will kill the tires 1st to 4th, he does have a smaller tire on the back.

I don't tune a lot of Fords. If someone could take a look at the tune and log and let me know what you think.

I pulled the tune out of the car and changed the fueling/spark. Everything else was done by another shop. I should have flashed it back to stock and started from scratch. Now I'm trying to figure out what all has been changed that didn't need to. I don't know if it makes a difference but the car was tuned with SCT previously and I pulled it out with 3.7 beta

Around 3:05 in the log is when I go WOT from 1st to 2nd.

Another question, after a WOT hit, when I let off the throttle and it goes back into C/L the fuel trims go really high. Any insight on that would be great too.
    Attached Files Attached Files

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    doesn't appear you are wot at that point either that or the ecm is pulling throttle position. Position is around 30%, I would think that would be part of the problem. Maybe traction control kicking in.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    doesn't appear you are wot at that point either that or the ecm is pulling throttle position. Position is around 30%, I would think that would be part of the problem. Maybe traction control kicking in.
    I'm not following Bill. At 3:05 in the log it shows 75.4%, it says O/L accel and is commanding WOT Lambda.
    Am I not looking at something correctly?
    Thanks for the reply.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you, I wasn't looking at that. I compared the tune to a stock tune and noticed there are several things different as far as AD counts for throttle and MAF.

Advanced Tuner
    at point in the log, if it's around 3:07 it doesn't look like I'm going WOT, the rise of the RPM's takes a while to get to 5 grand+ compared to 3:05 when I mat the pedal.