Thread: Two generic questions

Advanced Tuner

Red face Two generic questions

Two generic questions.

1. How to ?correctly? turn-off something. IE rear 02 sensors -GM based engines.
    2. How to Reset the PCM (and not needing to drive it 50 miles to get the computer to not show INCOMPLETE on the DTC section) -again GM based

For sensors (O2) I have read several different threads/posts and seem there are a few ways people have found to do the above. I have read that in some instances if you have to do emissions testing, their scanner will detect if items are turned off, but yet others so their emissions scanners can?t tell this.
    I have read to turn off items with the drop down, and select No Error Report, as to where I have seen others say to enable temperature threshold to not use the rear o2s, and yet others say to turn off the rear sensors through the airflow section.

any and all comments fully welcomed.

-james

Advanced Tuner
    Well...

Then the answer is generic as well, there are lots of variations in ECU's... and indeed between countries... but usually if you delete the cats, then you keep all the 02's and do the following (which is just from one of the guides, and assumes the drivers side is LH). You can also turn off the COT (CAT overtemp protection) as well, obviously.

Deleting Rear Oxygen Sensor’s

Driver Side Codes:
    137 - HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2
    138 - HO2S Circuit High Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2
    140 - HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 1 Sensor 2
    141 - HO2S Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 2

Passenger Side Codes:
    157 - HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 2
    158 - HO2S Circuit High Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 2
    160 - HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 2 Sensor 2
    161 - HO2S Heater Performance Bank 2 Sensor 2

Go to Edit>Engine Diagnostic’s>DTC’s>Error Mode = 3 for each of the codes above.
    Go to Edit>Engine Diagnostic’s>DTC’s>SES Enabled = Off for each of the codes above.

Re: the tests, as far as I know, you are stuck with those (and indeed the whole fuelling relearn, which takes perhaps 50 minutes).

kr D.
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dermotw View Post
    Well... .

have you heard of ' turn off the rear sensors through the airflow section'..?

Advanced Tuner
    Nope... and thats not how mine is done either.. I can't see how or why you would, at least in cars like mine (Gen3, older ECU...).

-D
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.