Thread: New to tuning efi, is this safe?

Tuner in Training

New to tuning efi, is this safe?

I finally got most of the bugs worked out and am able to drive my project but dont have the time at the moment to do all the logging required to tune this thing properly. I was hoping I could get an opinion on these 2 logs as to weather or not im safe to drive it the way it is. If its way off I dont mind letting it sit but if I can drive it a little here and there that would be great so I can determine how reliable some of the other parts of the truck will be.

july6.hpljuly6 2.hpl

Thanks for any advice you may have

almost forgot its a lsj out of an 06 cobalt with a fuel return system and 1 to 1 fuel pressure regulator and 3 inch intake and exhaust and balance shafts deleted. everything else is stock.

Advanced Tuner
    The logs seems to be fine for driving around. There are a couple of spots of knock, probably could use smoothing in the spark table to get rid of. Just from looking at the log. Don't see any obvious concern that attracts my eye.

Do you have a wideband attached to the car to monitor AFR?

Tuner in Training
    I do not have the wide band hooked up yet. I'm so burnt out on wiring it mite be a month till I get to it.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark@TuckerPerformance View Post
    The logs seems to be fine for driving around. There are a couple of spots of knock, probably could use smoothing in the spark table to get rid of. Just from looking at the log. Don't see any obvious concern that attracts my eye.

Do you have a wideband attached to the car to monitor AFR?
    It looks to me like all the KR is off idle if i bump the accelerator. I forgot to mention that I don't have the boost control solenoid hooked up, could this be causing boost spike off idle creating knock? my brain says to pull timing in the low rpms where I'm seeing knock is this correct? is that smoothing? how do I go about doing this if its whats necessary?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    well if the kr exists always when you tap the throttle then you are looking for a KR Tip in table. Usually found under ignition, retard or knock tabs.
    To adjust the base ignition you will have to turn off all ignition modifiers such as afr, etc, iat correction factors then you can tune the two base tables.
    everything will be under ignition, advance or general. you are looking for high and low octane tables for the base and the modifiers as mentioned above. when you find them they are under the same tabs usually.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman