Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Twin Turbo 2016 Mustang GT - Load and MAF issue

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RSlo View Post
    Out of curiosity anyway to mount MAF sensor backwards?
    I was thinking the same thing

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SYCK SS View Post
    Yessir, fuel pressure is completely normal. No drop at all.
    I was actually curious if for some reason it could be higher than stock

Advanced Tuner
    Changed everything as you mentioned earlier and it didn't change anothing. All SD settings back to stock and anticipation disabled.... same exact readings. Load barely makes it to 90% and MAF struggled to hit 35lbs/min...

Not sure what to do next :-/

**edit** verified it is 6.5-7psi and boost leak test came back good. Seeing all the boost
    Which load parameter are you logging? Absolute or calculated?

Quote Originally Posted by curt@injected View Post
    Which load parameter are you logging? Absolute or calculated?
    Both are being logged. Absolute is higher then calculated.

**Bump**

still having the same issue. :-/

Eric!!! help a brother out!! lol

**update**

So I said screw it, I updated the MAF period table and up top where I know for fact im seeing 7psi of boost, I added about 10% into the values. Finally got a log of over 100% load. only by a little bit though. But according to the log its show a -10% fueling on the short terms.

to where when I had it in almost stock MAF tables it was less than 3% MAF readings went up a little bit but not a lot...

question is, these are ID1000s... and I have them entered according to their data. Do I need to adjust the injector scaling that much. doesn't seem right that the data would be that far off for IDs

Tuner
    You should try these back at stock values:
    Airflow -> Electronic Throttle -> CLIPP/ADD -> Max Torque put this back to stock
    Torque Management -> Maximum Torque put both 1 and 2 back to stock

I'd put your MAF back to where you had it, because now your fuel trims are messed up.

I'm no master tuner but I've noticed those torque value above do weird things if changed

Quote Originally Posted by Plimmer View Post
    You should try these back at stock values:
    Airflow -> Electronic Throttle -> CLIPP/ADD -> Max Torque put this back to stock
    Torque Management -> Maximum Torque put both 1 and 2 back to stock

I'd put your MAF back to where you had it, because now your fuel trims are messed up.

I'm no master tuner but I've noticed those torque value above do weird things if changed
    Did all that. No change in MAF reading.

I'm gonna purchase a new MAF and see if that's the issue

Tuner
    Did all that. No change in MAF reading.

I'm gonna purchase a new MAF and see if that's the issue
    I got one more suggestion for you. Try putting your driver demand tables back to stock as well. I'm trying to dial in a GT350 inlet and TB, I'm NA and some really weird stuff happened today. I had nudged my driver demand tables up just a little and I got the timing I was after but my MAF reading was half normal LBS even though my throttle angle was 90 degrees.

So the PID "throttle angle" was reporting 90 deg but my MAF readings were 50% of usual flow, and so was power, no way was the throttle at 90, it must have been much less. So I pulled off flashed stock driver demand tables back in and tried again. MAF was back to where it should be and my timing was what I needed.

Next I cut the 3rd gear driver demand tables by 90% in the end row and logged again. Did 2nd gear and 3rd gear pulls and this time the PID did report a throttle closing a little in 3rd gear.

So I don't know why, but increase the torque from stock in the driver demand tables and I get throttle close, but PID says 90 degrees, decrease the torque in the driver demand tables and I also get throttle close but the PID says its closed it a little.

Bottomline for me, until I understand what the driver demand tables are doing at WOT, I'm leaving them stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Plimmer View Post
    I got one more suggestion for you. Try putting your driver demand tables back to stock as well. I'm trying to dial in a GT350 inlet and TB, I'm NA and some really weird stuff happened today. I had nudged my driver demand tables up just a little and I got the timing I was after but my MAF reading was half normal LBS even though my throttle angle was 90 degrees.

So the PID "throttle angle" was reporting 90 deg but my MAF readings were 50% of usual flow, and so was power, no way was the throttle at 90, it must have been much less. So I pulled off flashed stock driver demand tables back in and tried again. MAF was back to where it should be and my timing was what I needed.

Next I cut the 3rd gear driver demand tables by 90% in the end row and logged again. Did 2nd gear and 3rd gear pulls and this time the PID did report a throttle closing a little in 3rd gear.

So I don't know why, but increase the torque from stock in the driver demand tables and I get throttle close, but PID says 90 degrees, decrease the torque in the driver demand tables and I also get throttle close but the PID says its closed it a little.

Bottomline for me, until I understand what the driver demand tables are doing at WOT, I'm leaving them stock.

I already switched these back to stock to. I would say I have switched 90% of the tune back to stock. Only things not stock at this point are injector scaling, WOT fuel and spark lol.